Design Program Manager
Hello! We’re Help Scout. We make software that helps more than 10,000 businesses talk with their customers. We’re a remote-first company with 100+ employees in over 75 cities around the world — and we’ve been fully remote from day one! 🌍
The Brand Design team is beyond excited to hire our first ever Design Program Manager. You’ll help us write the DesignOps playbook at Help Scout. You’ll know you’ve been successful when the team feels connected, informed, and equipped to do their very best work. Thanks to you, we’ll be able to bring big ideas to life and tell stories that matter to small businesses.
About the role
- As the first DPM at Help Scout, there’s a good chance you know more about the role than we do. Our goal is to give you enough support to impact the team’s workflow in a big way.
- We’re a design-led company and believe designers should always have a seat at the table. You’ll be building bridges with members of our Marketing, Sales, and Support teams to manage expectations and deliver a magical go to market brand experience.
- You’ll work closely with members of the Brand Design team to manage priorities, keep everyone aligned, and make space for them to be their best creative selves. You’ll manage complex projects end-to-end and facilitate communication among stakeholders.
- You’ll determine what tools we should use to stay in sync while working remotely. You’ll add automation when possible and make sure we can deliver excellent work in a predictable, transparent way.
- As the Help Scout brand grows and evolves, you’ll be in the thick of it. That means producing projects of all sorts, like events, swag, videos, internal comms, and much much more!
- You have experience working with in-house design teams and doing this work. Since you’ll be writing the DesignOps playbook at Help Scout, we’re looking for someone that’s“seen the movie before” and is eager to apply what they’ve learned.
- You love turning people’s big, vague ideas into action. An ambitious creative brief is no match because you can get all the right folks involved and come up with a plan.
- You are a systems thinker that gets weirdly excited when a process or workflow gets 1% better — no detail is too small. When you go on vacation it’s no big deal because the systems run well without you most of the time.
- You have a keen eye for design. Even if you don’t fancy yourself a designer, you’ve been working with creatives long enough to offer a helpful perspective.
- You’re an outstanding communicator. Written communication is particularly important since we’re a remote company, but you also know when to get folks in a room and facilitate a discussion that moves the work forward.
- You love helping people. Ultimately your work will benefit people across the company and that’s super motivating to you!
Competitive salary - Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn't divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we'll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
Sabbatical - After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
Paid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Great tools - Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and display (or equivalent equipment of choice). We’ll also purchase any additional software or hardware you need.
Home office stipend - Every new hire gets $1,500 USD to furnish their home office, and up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 110 people in 80+ cities around the world, all with a passion for helping others. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences. Help Scout launched in 2011 and today we have more than 10,000 paying customers in 140+ countries.
Why Help Scout?
We're remote. It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked remotely before — we’ve been doing it for nearly a decade and are helping to write the playbook — we’re happy to show you the ropes. Most folks that get a taste of working in a "remote first" company have a hard time going back to the old way of doing things.
We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion. The data is abundantly clear about diverse teams being more successful, and we're dedicated to setting the team up for success. Today our leadership team is 62% women, and that's just the start. Here's our DEI Dashboard where you can see all of our team demographic data and read about our commitment to this work.
We're committed to SMBs for the long term. Help Scout is focused entirely on serving small and midsize businesses, typically up to 500 employees, because those companies view customer service differently. It's not a cost to be optimized, it's their most effective marketing tool and a key differentiator from the competition. We built Help Scout for companies that truly value being customer-centric (like us) and want a product that shares their values.
We're leaving the world better than we found it. Did you know Help Scout is a certified B Corporation, with a mission to give away at least 1% of our product through Help Scout for Good? Our company exists not just to help ourselves, but to invest in our team, our customers, our community, and our environment.
Our commitment to you
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.