Executive Assistant to Chief Product Officer
Experience Org – Experience /
Help Scout is a remote first company, with 150+ employees working from 80+ cities all over the world to build helpful, human customer service tools. Our mission is to support small businesses with tools that make customer support more helpful and human. Today we’re supporting more than 12,000 of them — we’re passionate about this stuff! We’re also a Certified B Corporation.
We have big growth plans for 2022 and our Chief Product Officer (known internally and referred to following as Chief Experience Officer or CXO), Mariah Hay, is looking for an Executive Assistant to support her as we scale. If you’re passionate about people and technology, we might be looking for you!
About the Role
- Leader support: You’ll be our CXO’s go-to person, assisting her with everything from calendar to project management. For example, you will facilitate OKR planning across the entire CXO Group. You’ll also act as a proxy for communications, answering general questions, referring routine matters to appropriate parties, and following up to ensure proper resolution.
- Team support:You’ll make sure the Experience team stays on top of departmental daily activities as well as annual deadlines.
- Time and calendar management:You’ll be the primary contact for scheduling, actively managing calendars in such a manner that the CXO can complete her obligations in an organized and efficient way.
- Project coordination: You’ll be involved in end-to-end project management for org-wide projects and initiatives, including inception, planning, documentation, tracking and communication
- Cross-functional collaboration: You’ll collaborate with other Executive Assistants and teams to expand organizational communication and efficiently plan and execute milestones and events across teams.
- Salary: We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. For this role, we are paying $98,000-$114,000 USD. Read more about how we approach compensation here!
- You have multiple years of experience supporting C-Suite executives in technology and/or engineering. You’re comfortable working with everyone from the highest level stakeholders to individual contributors.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- You treat privileged information with care. You can be trusted with sensitive data, and use that trust to build relationships with the CXO and other key stakeholders.
- You are a creative problem-solver. When something goes off the rails, you jump in with ideas and a strong will to make things happen.
- You are a self-starter. You can ideate and bring to completion tasks, with minimal feedback, in an ambiguous environment on short notice.
- You are an all-star collaborator. You think three steps ahead and anticipate people's needs and enjoy helping others and making their priorities your own.
- You act as an extension of the CXO, demonstrating professional polish in both internal and external interactions and the ability to exhibit grace and composure under pressure.
Competitive salary - Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn't divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we'll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
Sabbatical - After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
Paid parental leave, including adoption and foster care - 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Bonuses - everyone is eligible to receive a quarterly bonus up to 8% based on shared company revenue goals.
Set you up for success — we’ll get every new teammate a Mac laptop or equivalent of their choice, and provide a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. We also cover up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 160 people in 80+ cities around the world, all with a passion for helping others. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences. Help Scout launched in 2011 and today we have more than 12,000 paying customers in 140+ countries.
Why Help Scout?
We're remote. It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked remotely before — we’ve been doing it for nearly a decade and are helping to write the playbook — we’re happy to show you the ropes. Most folks that get a taste of working in a "remote first" company have a hard time going back to the old way of doing things.
We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion. The data is abundantly clear about diverse teams being more successful, and we're dedicated to setting the team up for success. Today our leadership team is 62% women, and that's just the start. Here's our DEI Dashboard where you can see all of our team demographic data and read about our commitment to this work.
We're committed to SMBs for the long term. Help Scout is focused entirely on serving small and midsize businesses, typically up to 500 employees, because those companies view customer service differently. It's not a cost to be optimized, it's their most effective marketing tool and a key differentiator from the competition. We built Help Scout for companies that truly value being customer-centric (like us) and want a product that shares their values.
We're leaving the world better than we found it. Did you know Help Scout is a certified B Corporation, with a mission to give away at least 1% of our product through Help Scout for Good? Our company exists not just to help ourselves, but to invest in our team, our customers, our community, and our environment.
Our commitment to you
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.