Demand Generation Marketing Lead
As a member of our small and mighty team, the Demand Generation Marketing Lead will design, develop, and manage multi-channel co-marketing and demand generation campaigns that drive leads for our self-serve and sales-assisted funnels. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to broaden our audience, educate small businesses about the power of customer-centric service, inform prospects to keep Help Scout top-of-mind, and encourage fans to demonstrate interest in our products. Ultimately, your strategies and tactics will support our mission to empower customer-centric businesses with tools that serve people in the most human, helpful way.
About the role
- Thanks to our blog and HelpU education platform, we’ve become a go-to resource among folks that identify as support professionals. Part of your job will be helping us identify creative ways to engage new audiences and create demand for Help Scout’s products.
- You’ll own end-to-end strategy and execution for creative marketing campaigns across various channels (webinars, ebooks/downloads, events, videos, social media, and more), working with colleagues in sales, support, design, content, email, growth, and SEO/PPC. Together you’ll research target audiences, plan and test messaging strategy, and follow-through on campaign implementation, ensuring customer-facing teams are enabled to follow-up on inbound leads.
- We have a number of integrated and strategic partners at Help Scout. You'll build relationships with new and existing partners to identify co-marketing opportunities that reflect the best of both brands.
- You’ll help us broaden our audience by driving self-service and sales-assisted leads into various marketing funnels in order to meet forecasted pipeline goals for subscribers, leads, MQLs, SQLs, SOPs, and trials.
- You’ll draft compelling content for landing pages, social assets, and other deliverables as necessary to support the execution of your campaigns, manage the campaign launch calendar and launch plans for each campaign, make improvements based on customer feedback, track and report on performance metrics, develop creative insights, and optimize conversion rates.
- Your programs are built on a foundation of compelling customer-centric content. They communicate value, reflect our brand promise, and engage customers at every step along their journey.
A typical week
- Brainstorming with teammates across the company to understand product use cases, learn industry trends, and identify campaign themes—and then you take it one step further by scheduling a few customer calls to validate (or challenge) what you’ve learned.
- Building out a new project plan in Asana (our project management tool), updating calendars, deadlines, and tasks across in-progress campaigns, and checking in with teammates to ensure everyone is set up for success and timely delivery.
- Working with the team to develop a scalable webinar program and identify additional opportunities to leverage on-demand webinar playback for lead generation.
- Mapping out the campaign brief, writing/editing copy, and working with our design and growth teams to set up a campaign landing page.
- Researching and evaluating event opportunities, lining up our sales team or internal speakers to attend, and developing appropriate lead capture tactics.
- Writing, scheduling, and responding to posts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Dipping into the support queue to read, evaluate, and respond to co-marketing and partnership inquiries.
- Researching the latest strategies, tools, and tactics to support your goals.
- You have experience building and executing multi-channel campaign strategies across a variety of mediums, channels, and lifecycle stages, along with solid knowledge of demand generation funnels and common tactics used at each stage within the funnel.
- You are a highly organized and detail-oriented project manager that can manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- You thrive in environments where you can be creative, use critical thinking, and be proactive with new ideas. You push yourself to learn new tools, strategies and techniques, because let's be honest, you love this stuff!
- You are an exceptional writer capable of creating copy appropriate for multiple channels and lifecycle stages, grasping complex ideas and explaining them in plain language. You work hard to make every word matter, and ensure your social media copy and other public-facing content is engaging and error-free.
- You have worked in B2B SaaS and enjoy the challenges of attracting people and getting them to consider our product. Bonus points for experience with SMB markets or in companies with a hybrid self-service/sales assisted business model.
- You are empathetic and thoughtful, always putting yourself in the customer’s shoes. You know that the most relevant messages start with understanding how people feel. You have a deep sense of empathy for your customers, which includes internal and external partners and stakeholders. That’s really what drives you to do excellent work.
- You have a high bar of excellence and leave no stone unturned when it comes to quality assurance. Shipping a campaign with a broken link will temporarily ruin your day (but you’ll quickly recover and learn from the mistake).
- You believe remote teams are the future of work, or are at least excited about the idea. You have experience working with remote teams or can adjust your work and time-management style to be remote-friendly.
- You can work almost anywhere in the world as long as you have 3+ hours of overlap time with US Pacific(GMT-8) working hours or are willing to time shift to accommodate the preferred timezone.
Who you'll work with
- Justine Jordan, CMO—A marketer who dislikes most marketing, Justine is on a mission to create customer-first interactions that drive loyalty, community, and evangelism. You’ll report to Justine, working closely with her on brand messaging, and learning from her rich background in co-marketing and content creation.
- Eli Overbey, Head of Growth—Eli has played a key role in building the systems and processes that helps our sales, marketing, and support teams stay aligned. You’ll work with him to understand our funnels, optimize our site for conversion, and report on your campaigns.
- The Sales Team—The Help Scout sales team inverts the way sales is typically done. They’re passionate about their craft, which entails putting the customer ahead of the sale.
- The Customers Team—The Help Scout Customers Team delivers friendly, helpful support via email, chat, and social channels while working alongside our sales, finance, business development, and marketing functions.
- …plus teammates in Product, Design, Marketing, and more!
A note about our application process
To jump-start the hiring process we ask a few questions in the application that would normally be asked during an interview. This is the perfect opportunity to help us get to know you and your skills better, show us how your experiences relate to the job description, and how you’ll be effective in the role. In many cases we’ve found that the answers to the application questions speak stronger than your resume alone, so if you’re feeling slightly under-qualified (which is perfectly okay), this is the time to make your application shine. You might want to jot down the application questions, draft a thoughtful reply in a separate document, and come back to paste in your answers.
After you apply, you’ll hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. Throughout the process, we strive to make sure you receive regular updates from our team and always understand where we—and you—are in the hiring process.
Competitive Salary - We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we'll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
Sabbatical - After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation plus $2500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or however you'd like to spend that time.
Paid parental leave, including adoption - 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Great tools - Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and 27'' display (or equivalent equipment of choice). We’ll also purchase any additional software or hardware you need.
Home office stipend - Every new hire gets $1000 USD to furnish their home office, and up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 80 people in 40+ cities around the world, all with a passion for excellence in their craft. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.
Since launching in April of 2011, Help Scout now powers 9,000+ support teams in over 140 countries. Our software is used and trusted by businesses of every shape and size.
Designed to go the distance
Our mission is to foster the world’s customer-centric businesses by providing tools that serve customers in the most human, helpful way. While growth is important, team and values are paramount. We’re always striving to do impactful work we’re proud of in lieu of chasing overnight success.
We’re builders without borders
Our entire team is free to work remotely from wherever they choose. We overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, and video conferencing. The reward is worth the effort—we’ll take talent, skill, and diverse perspectives over local geography any day.
Above all, we want Help Scout to be a place where passionate people can do their very best work. You won’t find any ping-pong tables or kegerators here. Instead, you’ll be surrounded by driven, supportive teammates who will push you to be better. We take work/life harmony seriously, too, as we want every career at Help Scout to be a long and satisfying one.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.