Software Engineer II (Team - Machine Learning)
Pune, India /
We are on a mission to rid the world of bad customer service by “mobilising” the way help is delivered. Today’s consumers want an always-available customer service experience that leaves them feeling valued and respected. Helpshift helps B2B brands deliver this modern customer service experience through a mobile-first approach that changes how conversations take place, moving the conversation away from slow, outdated email and desktop experience to an in-app chat experience that allows users to interact with Brands on their own time. Through our market leading chatbots and automations, we help brands deliver instant and rapid resolutions. Because agents play a key role in delivering help, our platform gives agents superpowers with automations and AI that simply works. Companies such as Brex, EA, Square, Tencent, Supercell along with hundreds of other leading brands use the Helpshift platform to mobilise customer service delivery. Over 820 million active monthly consumers and are enabled on 2B+ devices around the world with Helpshift.
Some numbers which illustrate our scale:
* 30ms response time
* 300 GB data transfer/hour
* 1000 VMs deployed at peak
About the team -The Machine Learning team collaborates with business stakeholders & data scientists to design effective, efficient and resilient ML Systems. The Machine Learning team is responsible for operationalising NLP models at scale. Our machine learning solutions help brands to guide users to self-help reducing their cost. Surrounded by talented people from different backgrounds and working with unique data; you will be challenged constantly.
We are looking for Software engineers with experience in designing, implementing and running production services. You will be part of the ML team. You are not required to have ML experience, we will teach you machine learning if you are interested in learning.
About the Role:
- Design and develop Machine Learning projects using Python.
- Collaborate with Machine Learning Engineers for productionizing ML models
- Develop data pipelines using Hadoop components like hive, kafka and Spark.
- Write design specifications, figure out test, deployment and scaling plans
- While we don’t require machine learning experience, it’s a bonus to find someone who has experience in building machine learning platform.
- Explore and present interesting insights to cross-functional teams and other stakeholders in the organization.
- Mentor people in the team & organization
- 4+ years of server-side software development experience.
- Experience in designing, implementing and running production services.
- Proficient in any one of the programming languages: Python, Java
- Interested in learning functional programming languages like Clojure.
- Production experience of running any of the following databases at scale: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch etc
- Knowledge of writing efficient SQL queries over Big Data.
- Handy with the shell and automation toolsBachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
Projects that you may work on:
- Work closely with the Data Science team on Helpshift’s Patented Smart Intents Project, scaling machine learning models in production
- Research & apply machine learning in various parts of Helpshift Dashboard (e.g automated onboarding)
- Scale/Refine existing Machine Learning products such as Helpshift Predict/Insights.
Helpshift embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.