Software Engineer - I (Backend & ML)
Do you remember the last time you had to get on a call with any customer support? Dialing numbers, long waiting lines, call transfers, and explaining the problem again and again. We at Helpshift are on a mission to get rid of such bad customer service.
Helpshift is a SAAS platform that enables companies to provide seamless customer support experience within the app! Many famous games like PubG, Clash of Clans, Pokemon Go and many other products use Helpshift to power their customer support. We are installed on over 2 Billion devices - that’s 1 out of every 3 smartphones in the world - and serve over 900 Million active users every month. Our platform enables over 9 Million conversations every month. You will work on projects that impact these conversations in order to bring maximum value to the consumer. Some numbers which illustrate our scale:
*~50ms avg response time
*~350GB data transfer out / hour
About the team -The Machine Learning team collaborates with business stakeholders & data scientists to design effective, efficient and resilient ML Systems. The Machine Learning team is responsible for operationalizing NLP models at scale. Our machine learning solutions help brands to guide users to self-help reducing their cost. Surrounded by talented people from different backgrounds and working with unique data; you will be challenged constantly.
About Role -
- About Role-
- We are looking for Software engineers with experience in designing, implementing and running production services. You will be part of the ML team.
- Design and develop product features using Python and Clojure.
- Write design specifications, and figure out test, deployment and scaling plans.
- Develop data pipelines using Kafka and Spark.
- While we don’t require machine learning experience, it’s a bonus to find someone who has experience in building a machine learning platform.
About You -
- About You-
- 1+ years of server-side software development experience.
- Thorough knowledge of CS fundamentals: Data structures, functional and object-oriented programming.
- Understanding of Git.
- Experience in designing and implementing production services.
- Proficient in any one of the programming languages: Python, Java.
- Interested in learning functional programming languages like Clojure.
- Experience in any of the following databases: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Handy with the shell and automation tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
Helpshift embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.