Software Engineer - I (Frontend)
Pune, India /
We are on a mission to rid the world of bad customer service by “mobilizing” the way help is delivered. Today’s consumers want an always-available customer service experience that leaves them feeling valued and respected. Helpshift helps B2B brands deliver this modern customer service experience through a mobile-first approach that changes how conversations take place, moving the conversation away from slow, outdated email and desktop experience to an in-app chat experience that allows users to interact with Brands on their own time. Through our market leading chatbots and automations, we help brands deliver instant and rapid resolutions. Because agents play a key role in delivering help, our platform gives agents superpowers with automations and AI that simply works. Companies such as Brex, EA, Square, Tencent, Supercell along with hundreds of other leading brands use the Helpshift platform to mobilize customer service delivery. Over 820 million active monthly consumers and are enabled on 2B+ devices around the world with Helpshift.
Some numbers which illustrate our scale:
* 30ms response time
* 300 GB data transfer/hour
* 1000 VMs deployed at peak
About the team:
The Consumer Experience (Web) team is at the forefront of almost all of the Helpshift products. It delivers a delightful end-user experience for Helpshift’s mobile SDKs, Web Chat, Email, and Social channels. We power the next generation no-friction Helpshift SDK while building innovative solutions to interact with Helpshift’s core systems. We are involved in the entire spectrum of end-user experience for customer support - from the robust email ecosystem to the new channels like SMS, Facebook, and Discord.
- Proficient understanding of modern web tech stack including HTML5, CSS3 and ES6.
- Good understanding of ReactJS and Flux.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Familiarity with build tools like Babel and Gulp.
- Knowledge of frontend optimisation techniques and tools (e.g. YSlow, PageSpeed).
- Proficient with Git (or equivalent).
- Experienced in writing Unit, Functional & Regression tests.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Handy with the shell and automation tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
About the Role:
- Work with the rest of the team in developing product features that get delivered to 1000’s of customer service representatives worldwide.
- Write code and review other people’s code.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with your team to define, design and ship new features.
- Keep calm and learn everyday.
Nice to have:
- Experience in CSS frameworks like SASS, Tailwind
- Experience in working with a distributed version control tool. (We use Git)
Projects that you can work on:
- Improving performance of all the products
- Social channels like Facebook, Discord, etc
- Working on the email ecosystem
Helpshift embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.