Senior Technical Support Engineer
Pune, India /
Customer Support /
We are on a mission to rid the world of bad customer service by “mobilising” the way help is delivered. Today’s consumers want an always-available customer service experience that leaves them feeling valued and respected. Helpshift helps B2B brands deliver this modern customer service experience through a mobile-first approach that changes how conversations take place, moving the conversation away from slow, outdated email and desktop experience to an in-app chat experience that allows users to interact with Brands on their own time. Through our market leading chatbots and automations, we help brands deliver instant and rapid resolutions. Because agents play a key role in delivering help, our platform gives agents superpowers with automations and AI that simply works. Companies such as Brex, EA, Square, Tencent, Supercell along with hundreds of other leading brands use the Helpshift platform to mobilise customer service delivery. Over 820 million active monthly consumers and are enabled on 2B+ devices around the world with Helpshift.
* 30ms response time
* 300 GB data transfer/hour
* 1000 VMs deployed at peak
About your role in the team:
The role of the Senior TSE is to respond to customer inquiries, primarily via telephone and e-mail. The Senior TSE will also work directly with the TSE team to assist with advanced troubleshooting of our Helpshift Product. The Senior TSE is required to participate in 24x7 on-call responsibilities during scheduled periods.
About the Role:
- You’ll be the professional face of Helpshift for our customers when they need Technical Support communicating directly with customers who are Admins and Developers from SMB to Fortune 500 companies.
- You will offer expert guidance on subjects ranging from Dashboard training to the investigation of SDK integration issues.
- You will conscientiously manage your queue of support issues and respond to new customer submissions.
- You will familiarise yourself with current features or bugs and file new tickets on behalf of your team members when needed.
- You will evaluate use-cases for feature additions and escalate valid requests to the Product team for consideration.
- You will Debug customer issues by reproducing them on devices, gathering helpful information for escalation, and even QA them as needed.
- You will collect and document solutions and best practices to add to internal (Salesforce and Confluence) and external resources, including generating templated responses.
- You will file bugs in JIRA, provide updates to teams across time zones, and collaborate internally to identify solutions that you’ll convey directly to our customers.
- You will identify common patterns in crash logs, scripts, and API configurations and escalate issues to developers.
- You’ll help identify sales opportunities or billing issues and escalate to Sales, Success, or Finance teams as appropriate.
- You will write scripts/tools in order to serve customer data requests.
- 5+ years of direct experience providing Enterprise B2B Tier 1 technical support or engineering operations
- Knowledge of REST APIs and scripting in Ruby or Python.
- Experienced at juggling tasks and prioritising across multiple tasks independently using your own well-honed time management skills and prioritisation methods.
- Professional business writing skills to answer all customer questions with precise, detailed information and, when in doubt, prompt escalation for verification
- Process follower and optimiser who proactively volunteers improvements when they’ll be feasible and impactful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or technical and professional equivalent experience required
Helpshift embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.