Software Engineer - I (Data Engineer)
Pune, India /
We are on a mission to rid the world of bad customer service by “mobilising” the way help is delivered. Today’s consumers want an always-available customer service experience that leaves them feeling valued and respected. Helpshift helps B2B brands deliver this modern customer service experience through a mobile-first approach that changes how conversations take place, moving the conversation away from slow, outdated email and desktop experience to an in-app chat experience that allows users to interact with Brands on their own time. Through our market leading chatbots and automations, we help brands deliver instant and rapid resolutions. Because agents play a key role in delivering help, our platform gives agents superpowers with automations and AI that simply works. Companies such as Brex, EA, Square, Tencent, Supercell along with hundreds of other leading brands use the Helpshift platform to mobilize customer service delivery. Over 820 million active monthly consumers and are enabled on 2B+ devices around the world with Helpshift.
Some numbers which illustrate our scale:
* 30ms response time
* 300 GB data transfer/hour
* 1000 VMs deployed at peak
About the team:
Consumers care first and foremost about having their time valued by brands. Brands need insights into their customer service operation to serve their consumers effectively. The data team collaborates with business stakeholders to design data models and resilient data pipelines to deliver these insights.. We also enable internal decision makers with business intelligence. The data team owns the data platform that handles 2 Million events per minute.
About the Role:
- Develop and own the data processing systems that provide actionable insights to our customers from the data collected from 800M Monthly Active Users.
- Write design specifications, figure out test, deployment and scaling plans for the data pipelines.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure Data Quality & Code Quality.
- Explore and present exciting insights to cross-functional teams and other stakeholders in the organisationDisplay strong work ethics. Be a team player with a strong sense of ownership and collaboration.
- Keep calm and learn every day.
- 2+ years of building data pipelines that scale.
- Experienced in writing efficient SQL queries over Big Data.
- Knowledge of running at least any one of Spark, Hive, Pig, HBase, Delta Lake / Apache Hudi in production.
- Production experience of Java, JVM and POSIX compliant operating systems.
- Knowledge of Modern Data Platforms and building batch/streaming data pipelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of BI tools is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
Projects that you may work on:
- You will be working on data pipelines to generate usage based analytics and bills for the customers.
- Development of data model & data pipeline to deliver actionable insights for Bots and AI solutions.
- Refresh the customer dashboard to provide insights and highlight the immediate actions.
- Build product telemetry pipelines that enable both product and data science/analysis teams to build hypotheses
Helpshift embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.