Senior DevOps Engineer
Helpshift bridges the disconnect between conventional customer service channels—like email and phone support—and a growing consumer base that does more on mobile phones and has a strong preference for messaging as the primary mode of communication. Through Helpshift’s AI-powered support platform, companies can resolve issues more efficiently, boosting customer satisfaction in the process. Companies such as Xfinity Home, Microsoft, Virgin Media, Zynga, Viacom, and hundreds of other leading brands use the Helpshift platform to provide messaging-first customer support. Helpshift is installed on two billion devices worldwide and serves more than 820 million active consumers monthly.
Helpshift is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by True Ventures, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Nexus Venture Partners.
- Understand, automate and scale Helpshift cloud infrastructure. This will involve learning and working with various cloud technologies, scripting languages, and CM tools.
- Own Helpshift production services and ensure complete monitoring coverage, troubleshoot and fix production issues.
- Architect and implement projects that reduce or eliminate repetitive and administrative tasks.
- Ensure all services and infrastructure are Highly Available, with Disaster Recovery in place.
- Performance engineering for backend services and stores such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Kafka, HAProxy, etc.
- Work in a lean team, with focus on getting things done.
- In-depth knowledge of running/managing UNIX-like operating systems (we use Ubuntu).Good programming skills with focus on scripting (Python, Shell, Perl).
- Good fundamental knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, firewalls, routing).Experience of various FOSS tools for monitoring, graphing, capacity planning, logging, etc.
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Puppet, Fabric, etc.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku etc.
- Have an automation mindset and ability to reason and work with complex systems.
- Experience with managing NoSQL (MongoDB) and RDBMS (PostgreSQL)Experience with queuing systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ) and Big data platforms (Hadoop)
- Ability to analyze bottlenecks in architecture and quickly debug to reach resolution for issues
- Experience with performance engineering is a plus
- Experience of managing a small team is a plus