Software Engineer - II (Frontend)
Pune, India /
We are on a mission to rid the world of bad customer service by “mobilising” the way help is delivered. Today’s consumers want an always-available customer service experience that leaves them feeling valued and respected. Helpshift helps B2B brands deliver this modern customer service experience through a mobile-first approach that changes how conversations take place, moving the conversation away from slow, outdated email and desktop experience to an in-app chat experience that allows users to interact with Brands on their own time. Through our market leading chatbots and automations, we help brands deliver instant and rapid resolutions. Because agents play a key role in delivering help, our platform gives agents superpowers with automations and AI that simply works. Companies such as Brex, EA, Square, Tencent, Supercell along with hundreds of other leading brands use the Helpshift platform to mobilise customer service delivery. Over 820 million active monthly consumers and are enabled on 2B+ devices around the world with Helpshift.
* 30ms response time
* 300 GB data transfer/hour
* 1000 VMs deployed at peak
About the team:
You will be a member of the Automation Experience team which is responsible for building tools that help companies automate their workflows to deliver quick and satisfactory solutions for their customers’ problems. Our approach to conversational bots & automation is one of a kind. It is a space where nobody in the industry has been able to crack the perfect solution yet. You will be working with a technically rigorous but fun team of engineers to solve challenging problems.
About the Role:
- Proficient understanding of modern web tech stack including HTML5, CSS3 and ES6.
- Good understanding of ReactJS and Flux.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Familiarity with build tools like Babel and Gulp.
- Knowledge of frontend optimisation techniques and tools (e.g. PageSpeed, Lighthouse).
- Proficient with Git (or equivalent).Experienced in writing Unit, Functional & Regression tests.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Handy with the shell and automation tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Work with the rest of the team in developing product features that get delivered to 1000’s of customer service representatives worldwide.
- Write code and review other people’s code.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with your team to define, design and ship new features.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and test coverage.
- Keep calm and learn everyday.
Nice to have:
- Experience of CSS frameworks like SASS, Tailwind.
- Experience of working on large frontend applications
Projects that you can work on:
- You will be working on a step-by-step conversation builder & segmentation engine which enables our customers to automate their manual workflows for handling customer problems.
- Building the UI for an AI based issue classification tool.
- Projects to optimise performance, improve code quality and test coverage.
Helpshift embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, colour, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.