Lead Electrical Designer/Engineer
Engineering – Sector - Grocery & Distribution /
Full Time - Salary
At Henderson, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in higher education, sports & venue, healthcare, grocery, restaurant and retail.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering and buildings. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day? You would join us as a Lead Electrical Engineer working on things like…
- Preparing or directing the preparation of simple to complex design documents, system layouts, detailed drawings, schematics and specifications
- Leading project and design efforts from concept design through completion
- Responsible for producing solutions to complex engineering problems and complicated design challenges through direct involvement or in an advisory capacity
- Ensuring that production of drawings, specifications, reports and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements
- Advising and mentoring less experienced designers and engineers, providing oversight and technical guidance
- Implementing and reinforcing design and engineering standards at the team or practice level
- Overseeing the quality of projects and designs through the quality review process and regular check-ins. May include providing final reviews for projects under purview
- Taking the lead in developing, establishing and maintaining relationships with strategic partners and customers in support of and to expand business opportunities
- Communicating with clients as needed for the development and coordination of requirements and scope of work and maintains proactive communication throughout the project cycle
- Identifying emerging technologies and industry trends and stays up to date on evolving codes and standards
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you...
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of engineering preferred (ie: mechanical, electrical, fire protection or architectural)
- 11+ years of relevant experience, or 13+ years of experience without degree required. Professional Engineering (PE) license may be counted toward 1 year of direct experience
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in engineering design, A&E industry, codes, design guides and standards relating to a broad range of practices, projects and/or program types is required
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD is required
- Knowledge of contracts and construction processes and methods is required
- Must be a self-starter, proactive and willing to teach, manage and/or help others as needed
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team oriented and willingness and ability to function in a highly collaborative environment, in group projects and leading less experienced designers
Anticipated salary range for this position may be $86,000 - $108,000
Salary may be higher or lower than the stated range depending on factors unrelated to the applicant’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, or disability. Salary can vary from this range based on geographic cost of labor statistical differentials.
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (Yes, our employees are the owners.)
Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Accounts (We'll help you take advantage of tax savings.)
Paid Time Off and Sick Time off (Take a break. You deserve it!)
Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
More information can be found here - https://www.hendersonengineers.com/careers/.
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment
All offers will be contingent upon completion of the hiring process including verifications and background checks as required for employment
To all recruitment agencies: Henderson does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Henderson without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Henderson. Please, no phone calls or emails.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT
Henderson representatives conduct all email communications exclusively through a company email address that ends with @hendersonengineers.com, @hendersonbuilding.com or through our applicant tracking system which will appear as @hire.lever.com. We extend offers of employment only after a comprehensive interview process and will never ask you for a payment of any sort nor offer one for any reason. Henderson will not ask any applicant to purchase equipment, nor offer to reimburse any applicant for expenses incurred prior to employment. We will not request personal information until a legitimate offer of employment has been extended. If you suspect a recruitment attempt is fraudulent, you should cease communications. You may contact us at email@example.com to verify whether a recruitment contact is legitimate. All legitimate job opportunities are posted on our company website’s careers page.