Fire Protection/ Code Engineer - Mid-Level
Multiple Locations /
Engineering – Sector - Health /
Full Time - Salary
At Henderson, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in higher education, sports & venue, healthcare, grocery, restaurant and retail.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering and buildings. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day? You would join us as a Fire Protection/Code Engineer working on things like...
- Technical design and quality control
- Producing construction documents (drawings and specifications) for new buildings, renovations, and additions to existing facilities
- Coordinating project designs with other disciplines
- Maintaining positive client relationships
- Designing and calculating automatic sprinkler systems and fire alarm systems
- Learning and expanding technical and interpersonal skills
- Sharing technical information with teammates and some project oversight
- Evaluating and recommending fire protection products, systems, and equipment
- Coordinating fire protection design criteria and project requirements with code officials
- Checking shop drawings for conformance to plans and specifications
- Responding to code comments and resolving permit issues with code officials
- Evolving technical details, specifications, and application guidelines
- Resolving construction conflicts and answering questions from contractors
- Surveying and observing fire protection system installations on-site and via video
- Completing project "punch-list" and assisting in resolving owner and contractor conflicts
- Assisting other-discipline teammates to successfully integrate multiple disciplines into assigned projects
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you ...
- Have 5+ years of fire sprinkler and alarm design experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of engineering preferred (mechanical, electrical, fire protection or architectural)
- Possess a Fire Protection Engineer license (required)
- Possess a working knowledge of IFC, IBC, NFPA 13, NFPA 72, and NFPA 101 (required)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit (required)
- Knowledge of HydraCalc or Autosprink RVT (preferred)
- Possess successful verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design
- Have a willingness and availability for light to moderate travel
Anticipated salary range for this position may be $65,000-$100,000
Salary may be higher or lower than the stated range depending on factors unrelated to the applicant’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, or disability. Salary can vary from this range based on geographic cost of labor statistical differentials.
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (Yes, our employees are the owners.)
Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Accounts (We'll help you take advantage of tax savings.)
Paid Time Off and Sick Time off (Take a break. You deserve it!)
Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
More information can be found here - https://www.hendersonengineers.com/careers/.
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment
All offers will be contingent upon completion of the hiring process including verifications and background checks as required for employment
To all recruitment agencies: Henderson does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Henderson without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Henderson. Please, no phone calls or emails.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT
Henderson representatives conduct all email communications exclusively through a company email address that ends with @hendersonengineers.com, @hendersonbuilding.com or through our applicant tracking system which will appear as @hire.lever.com. We extend offers of employment only after a comprehensive interview process and will never ask you for a payment of any sort nor offer one for any reason. Henderson will not ask any applicant to purchase equipment, nor offer to reimburse any applicant for expenses incurred prior to employment. We will not request personal information until a legitimate offer of employment has been extended. If you suspect a recruitment attempt is fraudulent, you should cease communications. You may contact us at email@example.com to verify whether a recruitment contact is legitimate. All legitimate job opportunities are posted on our company website’s careers page.