Plumbing Designer/Engineer - Experienced Level
Engineering – Sector - Community /
Full Time - Salary
At Henderson, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in higher education, sports & venue, healthcare, grocery, restaurant and retail.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering and buildings. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day? You would join us as Plumbing Designer/Engineer working on things like...
- Performs calculations and designs basic to advanced engineering systems with a high degree of independence.
- Prepares basic to advanced system layouts, detailed drawings and schematics.
- Reviews shop drawings for conformance to plans and specifications.
- Prepares, reviews, and/or modifies reports, plans and designs for projects.
- Produces design documents.
- Performs research and makes recommendations as to the feasibility of systems or equipment. Evaluates products for their application.
- Provides technical guidance to others and serves as a design leader.
- Assists with developing, establishing and maintaining relationships with strategic partners and customers in support of business development and/or pursuit activities.
- Participates in client, company and/or industry events to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Communicates with clients as needed for the development and coordination of requirements and scope of work. Maintains proactive communication throughout the project cycle.
- Anticipates and answers questions from clients and architects.
- Visits job sites to verify existing conditions and observe construction progress.
- Assists in resolving conflicts involving owners, architects and contractors as needed.
- Research and reviews new products, industry trends and evolving codes and standards.
- Performs a limited range of project management responsibilities under the supervision of experienced project managers.
- May support or be responsible for project coordination activities such as managing emails, coordinating scope and schedule, coordinating design team, attending client meetings, ensuring project quality, responding to client questions and coordinating project delivery.
- Consistently performs to a higher standard of industry-wide expectations associated with carrying a PE license and being enabled as an Engineer of Record (EOR), including making reasonable engineering decisions and delivering the highest quality of work and accountability to projects.
- May be enabled as an Engineer of Record, having additional involvement, oversight, responsibility and accountability for the overall signing and sealing of the project.
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you...
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of engineering preferred (ie: mechanical, electrical, fire protection or architectural) and 7+ years of relevant experience, or 9 years of experience without degree required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in engineering design, A&E industry, codes, design guides and standards required, as well as a broad understanding of other engineering disciplines.
- Advanced proficiency in Revit and Bluebeam Revu strongly preferred.
- Professional Engineering (PE) and/or CPD license would be preferred.
- Completion of FE exam, LEED and/or WELL accreditation is a plus but not required.
- High technical aptitude: ability to learn, understand and utilize various systems and processes. Comfortability with training others on systems and processes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with designers at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Team oriented and willingness and ability to function in a highly collaborative environment, in group projects and leading less experienced designers. Ability to also work independently as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and engineering design software applicable to your discipline or focus.
- Must be a self-starter, proactive and willing to help others as needed
Anticipated salary range for this position may be $83,000 - $104,000
Salary may be higher or lower than the stated range depending on factors unrelated to the applicant’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, or disability. Salary can vary from this range based on geographic cost of labor statistical differentials.
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (Yes, our employees are the owners.)
Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Accounts (We'll help you take advantage of tax savings.)
Paid Time Off and Sick Time off (Take a break. You deserve it!)
Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
More information can be found here - https://www.hendersonengineers.com/careers/.
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment
All offers will be contingent upon completion of the hiring process including verifications and background checks as required for employment
To all recruitment agencies: Henderson does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Henderson without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Henderson. Please, no phone calls or emails.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT
Henderson representatives conduct all email communications exclusively through a company email address that ends with @hendersonengineers.com, @hendersonbuilding.com or through our applicant tracking system which will appear as @hire.lever.com. We extend offers of employment only after a comprehensive interview process and will never ask you for a payment of any sort nor offer one for any reason. Henderson will not ask any applicant to purchase equipment, nor offer to reimburse any applicant for expenses incurred prior to employment. We will not request personal information until a legitimate offer of employment has been extended. If you suspect a recruitment attempt is fraudulent, you should cease communications. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify whether a recruitment contact is legitimate. All legitimate job opportunities are posted on our company website’s careers page.