Fire Protection Designer - Entry-Level
Multiple Locations /
Engineering – Sector - Health /
Full Time - Exempt
At Henderson, we're about more than just buildings. We're about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We're known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we're changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It's What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You'll get to use your talent to work on some of the country's biggest names in higher education, sports & venue, healthcare, grocery, restaurant and retail.
It's How We're Different
But, we're also about more than just engineering and buildings. We're about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day? We'd love for you to join us a Fire Protection Designer working on things like...
- Working with clients, develop proposals for prospective projects to include a defined scope of services, fee and staffing needs
- Technical design and quality control on assigned projects
- Assisting in the production of construction documents (drawings and specifications) for new buildings, and for renovations and additions to existing facilities as needed
- Working as a team on projects and, therein, run teams on projects to maintain design schedule and client expectations
- Providing coordination of project designs with other disciplines
- Maintaining positive client relationships
- Traveling locally for detailed site investigations and client meetings
- Assist in the design of automatic sprinkler systems and other fire protection systems
- Perform calculations and design engineering systems
- Provide technical information and assistance to project engineer or team leader
- Contact building and fire code officials to coordinate fire protection design criteria and project requirements
- Check shop drawings for conformance to plans and specifications
- Assist in resolving construction conflicts and answer questions from contractors and bidders
- Evaluate and specify fire protection products and their appropriate application on the assigned project
- Provide in-field or on-site surveys and inspections and draft subsequent site report
- Ensure the installation of the fire protection system meets the plans and specifications of the original design and the expectations of the client
- Assist other engineers and designers within other engineering disciplines to successfully integrate multiple disciplines into assigned projects
We'd love for you to apply for this position if you...
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Architectural or Fire Protection Engineering from an ABET EAC or TAC Accredited Program. A technical degree or certification and strong relevant experience may commensurate for Bachelor's degree.
- Relevant professional experience with a focus on federal, sports and healthcare projects, as well as projects in retail, restaurant, entertainment/recreation, mission-critical facilities, telecommunications, higher education, office buildings and public projects is a plus
- Some knowledge or understanding of AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP applications on similar projects is a huge plus.
- Have at least 1+ years of related Fire Protection experience preferred but open to training the right individual!
- Are a capable and driven engineer with a passion for various project types (preferably healthcare)
- Possess successful verbal and written communication skills
- Have a passion to learn building and fire codes
- Have the ability to meet fast-paced deadline while maintaining quality design
Anticipated salary range for this position may be $58,000-$90,000
Salary may be higher or lower than the stated range depending on factors unrelated to the applicant’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, or disability. Salary can vary from this range based on geographic cost of labor statistical differentials.
Let's Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you'll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
Flexible Work Hours (Because we all need to balance work and life.)
Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
Paid Volunteer Time (We literally pay you to volunteer.)
Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership (Our doors are always open.)
Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (Yes, our employees are the owners.)
Paid Training for Professional Development (We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance (We’ve got you covered.)
Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Accounts (We'll help you take advantage of tax savings.)
Paid Time Off and Sick Time off (Take a break. You deserve it!)
Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
More information can be found here - https://www.hendersonengineers.com/careers/.
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled and participate in the E-Verify program
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment
All offers will be contingent upon completion of the hiring process including verifications and background checks as required for employment
To all recruitment agencies: Henderson does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Henderson without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Henderson. Please, no phone calls or emails.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES: RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT
Henderson representatives conduct all email communications exclusively through a company email address that ends with @hendersonengineers.com, @hendersonbuilding.com or through our applicant tracking system which will appear as @hire.lever.com. We extend offers of employment only after a comprehensive interview process and will never ask you for a payment of any sort nor offer one for any reason. Henderson will not ask any applicant to purchase equipment, nor offer to reimburse any applicant for expenses incurred prior to employment. We will not request personal information until a legitimate offer of employment has been extended. If you suspect a recruitment attempt is fraudulent, you should cease communications. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify whether a recruitment contact is legitimate. All legitimate job opportunities are posted on our company website’s careers page.