Seattle or Remote (US)
Heptio is not your typical early-stage “work hard/play hard” startup. We value sustainable processes, flexibility, blameless retrospectives, and scrappy problem solving. Our growing team is made up of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds and interests who take both our careers and our personal lives seriously.
In this role, you will...
- Build out technical content for the Customer Reliability Engineering team
- Work closely with a quirky team of individuals who are dedicated to ensuring Heptio’s customers’ Kubernetes environments are stable and reliable.
- Passionately drive improvement in our products through well-written knowledge content to craft an amazing experience for Heptio’s enterprise customers.
- Support the Technical Content Manager in building tools that support authoring and presenting technical content through online and in-app channels.
- Create technical documentation in accordance with workflows to ensure all content follows the appropriate process for a project.
- Work collaboratively to build Heptio’s Customer Reliability Engineering practice and share key learnings with our customers.
We are looking for individuals who...
- Are curious about complex technologies and care deeply about framing information in ways that make our customers’ lives easier.
- Have built and scaled technical documentation processes to meet the needs of all stakeholders.
- Consider the style guide their best friend.
- Understand the concept of containers and container orchestration technologies, particularly Docker and Kubernetes, and aren’t afraid to dig into technical–at a high level–when needed.
- Feel comfortable prioritizing work from various inputs, leveraging experts to write content when needed.
- Can effectively work independently.
- May have been a Technical Writer or generally love to create and manage documentation in parallel to other work.
It would be a bonus if you...
- Have written documentation for open source software.
- Can read and understand code.
- Have experience measuring the success of knowledge base content.
Heptio empowers the technology driven enterprise to realize the full potential of Kubernetes. The company’s training, support and professional services speed integration of Kubernetes and related technologies into the fabric of enterprise IT, while its products reduce the cost and complexity of running these systems in production environments.
Heptio was founded by 2 of the creators of the OSS Kubernetes project while at Google. Kubernetes is a "container orchestrator" that enables IT organizations to offer programmatic access to their infrastructure as well as driving efficient resource utilization. It is also a fast-growing open source community and the "seed crystal" for a groundbreaking set of technologies.
Important: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We want to embody the change we need in our industry.