Senior Education Engineer
Seattle or Remote (US)
Heptio is not your typical early-stage “work hard/play hard” startup. We value sustainable processes, flexibility, blameless retrospectives, and scrappy problem solving. Our growing team is made up of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds and interests who take both our careers and our personal lives seriously.
We are looking for experienced education professional to connect with enterprise customers, and not only educate them about Kubernetes, but also help them understand the organizational and operational implications of a transition to cloud native technologies, and how this transformation can change their business.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Take the time to connect with engineering and product management disciplines to fully understand the technologies and approaches.
- Do hands on work building excellent course material, and delivering both public and private education environments.
- Create high production-value online education material and build your brand as a recognized member of the Kubernetes community.
- Scale the education program and hire and manage additional educators as the customer demand grows.
- You have experience developing and delivering technical education material.
- You are highly technical and have worked in a software development role in the past, or have equivalent skills. You are comfortable with basic code exercises.
- You've demonstrated the ability to effectively work independently.
- You are comfortable with travel for business purposes.
- You are highly technical and are comfortable dealing with API level content development and are have the coding skills necessary to do simple samples development.
IT WOULD BE NICE IF...
- You've worked on or with technologies that make up the new "cloud native" stack. This would include Kubernetes, Docker, Mesosphere, Go.
- You have experience working with an open source community.
Heptio empowers the technology driven enterprise to realize the full potential of Kubernetes. The company’s training, support and professional services speed integration of Kubernetes and related technologies into the fabric of enterprise IT, while its products reduce the cost and complexity of running these systems in production environments.
Heptio was founded by 2 of the creators of the OSS Kubernetes project while at Google. Kubernetes is a "container orchestrator" that enables IT organizations to offer programmatic access to their infrastructure as well as driving efficient resource utilization. It is also a fast-growing open source community and the "seed crystal" for a groundbreaking set of technologies.
Important: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We want to embody the change we need in our industry.