Senior Education Engineer
Seattle or Remote (US)
Heptio is thinking about impact on a magnitude and time horizon that’s different from your typical start-up. That starts with our founders … two of the individuals that created Google Compute Engine, Kubernetes and the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. We understand how to build things that endure. And we’ve started that at Heptio with a line-up of products, community projects and high-touch services that have an immediate impact.
Our message is resonating in the market. It has allowed us to count some of the most admired companies -- across industries -- as early customers. And, it has attracted incredible talent as we build our team. We’re growing fast and we need more great people. With that, Heptio is seeking a Sr. Education Engineer to connect with enterprise customers to educate them about what Kubernetes is and how it can take their IT business to the next level.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Connect and collaborate with Engineering and Product Management teams to fully understand our technologies and approaches
- Working to build excellent course material and delivering to both public and private education environments
- Create high production-value online education material and build your brand as a recognized member of the Kubernetes community
- Help to scale the education program as the customer demand continues to grow
- You have experience creating, developing, and delivering technical education material to a wide variety of audiences
- Your background draws upon your technical mindset which means you have either been a developer or in a role that requires equivalent skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive projects to completion
- You are comfortable writing basic coding and working through simple programming exercises at the API level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You've worked on or with technologies that make up the new "cloud native" stack (including Kubernetes, Docker, Mesosphere, Go)
This position requires a travel commitment of up to 75%.
Heptio powers giant leaps in development productivity and resource efficiency. We provide the products, services and community projects that customers need to unlock the full potential of upstream Kubernetes. It’s all neatly packaged in the Heptio Kubernetes Subscription, the essentials needed to deploy, manage and support an open source Kubernetes distribution across multiple clouds.
Important: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We want to embody the change we need in our industry.