New York City or Remote (US)
Heptio is thinking about impact on a magnitude and time horizon that’s different from your typical start-up. That starts with our founders … two of the individuals that created Google Compute Engine, Kubernetes and the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. We understand how to build things that endure. And we’ve started that at Heptio with a line-up of products, community projects and high-touch services that have an immediate impact.
Do you love collaborating to find solutions to hard problems?
Have you always wanted to work on a dynamic team that is inspiring change across the industry?
Do enjoy helping and encouraging others to accomplish their goals?
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to speak with you about joining our team. We are working to help modernize the software industry and drive adoption of Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies within our Customer's environments. As a member of the team you will be involved in most parts of the customer lifecycle from pre-sales thru delivery.
As a part of the Field Engineering team you will engage with our customers on many things ranging from pre to post sales. This includes running POCs and pilots, crafting solutions, integrating existing systems and writing code. Our team helps to drive successful business outcomes for our customers and provide valuable insight to our product teams. We also practice what we preach and are active participants in the upstream Open Source community.
What you'll be doing ...
In the first 30+ days, you will work with the team to develop familiarity with the Heptio way of selling and delivering projects. At this point in your journey, you will work to establish a deep expertise in Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies and begin to ramp in other job functions.
By 90 days, you will be actively engaging with customers, and already established a foundation working with Kubernetes and related technologies. After you have completed on boarding, you will continue delivering on customer-facing projects and collaborating with our Sales and Product teams.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS ...
- You have a track record of delighting customers with pre-sales technical assessment and post-sale implementation efforts and are highly passionate about customer success and advocacy in all scenarios
- You are passionate about mentoring other team members and look to extend learnings from engagements and R&D with the company as a whole to level up Heptio's technical experience and capabilities
- Ability to translate technical guidance into hands-on demonstrations within customer environments
- You are highly passionate about working with a groundbreaking team in a hot industry and how that ties to the Open Source community
- Background in one or more of these disciplines: Systems Engineering, Enterprise and/or Open Source application development, Technical Consulting
- Desire to develop strong soft skills that you can bring to bear to drive organizational and operational transformation
- Highly adaptable with ability to operate in a variety of environments, corporate cultures, and technology stacks
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and present to both executives and engineering teams. You understand overarching business goals as well as technical implications and are able to speak to both
Travel expectations could be up to 50% (M-Th)
Experience with our technologies is not required. The ideal individual does have relevant professional technical experience. Preferably in a similar role (Consulting, Software Engineering, Development, Professional Services), with that in mind, we prefer you possess and can demonstrate the above attributes.
Heptio powers giant leaps in development productivity and resource efficiency. We provide the products, services and community projects that customers need to unlock the full potential of upstream Kubernetes. It’s all neatly packaged in the Heptio Kubernetes Subscription, the essentials needed to deploy, manage and support an open source Kubernetes distribution across multiple clouds.
Important: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We want to embody the change we need in our industry.