Field Engineer (US)
San Francisco, NYC, London or Remote (US)
Heptio is not your typical early-stage “work hard/play hard” startup. We value sustainable processes, flexibility, blameless retrospectives, and scrappy problem solving. Our growing team is made up of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds and interests who take both our careers and our personal lives seriously.
Do you love collaborating on finding solutions to hard problems?
Have you always wanted to work on a dynamic team that is inspiring change across the industry?
Do enjoy helping and encouraging others to accomplish their goals?
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to speak with you about joining our team. We are working to help modernize the software industry and drive adoption of Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies within our Customer's environments. As a member of the team you will be involved in most parts of the customer lifecycle from pre-sales thru delivery.
As a part of the Field Engineering team you will engage with our customers on many things ranging from pre to post sales. This includes running POCs and pilots, crafting solutions, integrating existing systems and writing code. Our team helps to drive successful business outcomes for our customers and provide valuable insight to our product teams. We also practice what we preach and are active participants in the upstream Open Source community.
What you'll be doing ...
In your first 30+ days you will work with the team to develop familiarity with the Heptio way of selling and delivering projects and begin your journey of establishing a deep expertise in Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies. After that you will ramp up in related job functions.
By the end of your first 3 months (90 days) you will have engaged with customers, and established a foundation working with Kubernetes and related technologies. After you have completed on boarding you will continue delivering on customer-facing projects and collaborating with our Sales and Product teams.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS ...
- Have a track record of delighting customers
- Have a passion for helping others
- Lead by doing
- Are highly passionate about working on a groundbreaking team in a state of the art part of the industry
- Have a background in one or more of: systems engineering, enterprise and/or Open Source application development, technical consulting.
- Have or desire to develop strong soft skills that you can bring to bear to drive organizational and operational transformation.
- The professional manner to operate in a variety of environments, corporate cultures, and technology stacks.
- Comfortable engaging with executives to understand the business goals, and with engineering teams to understand technical implications. You can credibly speak to both.
- We try to keep travel local and as needed, but sometimes it is unavoidable and you should be comfortable traveling up to 50% of the time (onsite M-Th)
IT WOULD BE NICE IF ...
- You have production experience with Kubernetes, Docker and other Cloud Native technologies
- You have experience with modern development practices (Agile etc)
- You have experience working in the open source community
- You have Go experience
Experience with our technologies is not required. The ideal individual does have relevant professional technical experience. Preferably in a similar role (Consulting, Software Engineering, Development, Professional Services), with that in mind, we prefer you possess and can demonstrate the above attributes.
Heptio empowers the technology driven enterprise to realize the full potential of Kubernetes. The company’s training, support and professional services speed integration of Kubernetes and related technologies into the fabric of enterprise IT, while its products reduce the cost and complexity of running these systems in production environments.
Heptio was founded by 2 of the creators of the OSS Kubernetes project while at Google. Kubernetes is a "container orchestrator" that enables IT organizations to offer programmatic access to their infrastructure as well as driving efficient resource utilization. It is also a fast-growing open source community and the "seed crystal" for a groundbreaking set of technologies.
Important: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We want to embody the change we need in our industry.