San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, New York (US)
Heptio is thinking about impact on a magnitude and time horizon that’s different from your typical start-up. That starts with our founders … two of the individuals that created Google Compute Engine, Kubernetes and the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. We understand how to build things that endure and we’ve started that at Heptio with a line-up of products, community projects and high-touch services that have an immediate impact.
Do you love collaborating on finding solutions to hard problems?
Have you always wanted to work on a dynamic team that is inspiring change across the industry?
Do enjoy helping and encouraging others to accomplish their goals?
If this sounds like you, then we'd love to speak with you about joining our team. We are working to help modernize the software industry and drive adoption of Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies within our Customer's environments. As a member of the Field Engineering team you will be involved in most parts of the customer lifecycle from pre-sales thru delivery.
This includes running POCs and pilots, crafting solutions, integrating existing systems and writing code. Our team helps to drive successful business outcomes for our customers and provide valuable insight to our product teams. We also practice what we preach and are active participants in the upstream Open Source community.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
In your first 30+ days you will work with the team to develop familiarity with the Heptio way of selling and delivering projects and begin your journey of establishing a deep expertise in our methods by shadowing your peers and collaborating with other team members on small projects.
By the end of your first 3 months (90 days) you will have engaged with customers, and established a foundation for working within Heptio and as a part of the Field Engineering Organization. At this time you should be capable of managing resource requests, prioritizing customer requests, owning the project schedule, reporting and where necessary running blameless retrospectives for customer engagements.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS ...
- Working knowledge of distributed systems concepts
- Working knowledge of Linux, Networking, Docker and Kubernetes
- Preference will be given to candidates who know Go and/or Python
- You have a track record of delighting customers with pre-sales technical assessment and post-sale implementation efforts
- You are passionate about mentoring other team members and look to extend learnings from engagements and R&D with the company as a whole
- Ability to translate technical guidance into hands-on demonstrations within customer environments
- Strong soft skills that you can bring to bear to drive organizational and operational transformation
- Highly adaptable with ability to operate in a variety of environments, corporate cultures, and technology stacks
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and present to both executives and engineering teams. You understand overarching business goals as well as technical implications and are able to speak to both
- Travel expectations could be up to 70% (M-Th)
Experience with our technologies is not required. The ideal individual does have relevant professional technical experience. Preferably in a similar role (Consulting, Software Engineering, Development, Professional Services, Site Reliability Engineering), with that in mind, we prefer you possess and can demonstrate the above attributes.
Heptio powers giant leaps in development productivity and resource efficiency. We provide the products, services and community projects that customers need to unlock the full potential of upstream Kubernetes. It’s all neatly packaged in the Heptio Kubernetes Subscription, the essentials needed to deploy, manage and support an open source Kubernetes distribution across multiple clouds.
Important: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We want to embody the change we need in our industry.