Full Stack Content Producer
Toronto, Canada Area
What we do: Herb is smashing the stigma and connecting people with the transformative power of cannabis. We are a purpose driven group of Herbivores building a business we believe in. Herb connects the cannabis enthusiast with the information, content and products they need to elevate their experience. We are focused on building the world’s most recognizable and impactful cannabis brand.
How we work: At Herb we aim high - speed matters to us. We value thoughtful decision making and calculated risks. We have an entrepreneurial mindset and address problems with solutions to deliver results. Most importantly, we are User Obsessed. We obsess over the needs and wants of our users and put them first in everything we create. At Herb your work can contribute to making a difference in people’s lives and we take that very seriously.
What you will be doing: A Herb Producer is focused on writing, producing, and editing engaging editorial and video content optimized for social sharing. The Producer is involved in every stage of the creative process — from generating ideas for a variety of formats, to optimizing formats for brand integration, potentially participating in client-facing communication and meetings. The Producer is responsible for delivering content assigned by the Production Manager & Post Production Manager.
- Brainstorm and work collaboratively across the Creative department to generate proactive formats and ideas to pitch to our partners
- Pitch ideas internally to Production department
- Develop creative concepts that meet the objectives of our prospective partners (when applicable)
- Execute excellent, original creative content that will delight our clients and enormous global audience
- Work closely with our sales and account management teams to ensure the brand’s needs are met and communication is clear and open
- Assess and edit incoming footage
- Ensure that video/image/sound quality, size and placement meet requirements
- Assist with sound mixing and colour edits
- Edit and proofread copy and layouts per guidelines
- Pitch ideas directly to client services and occasionally clients
- Communicate with & manage production partners
- 3+ years of production and post production experience
- Experienced with online media, social networks and digital trends
- Expert short-form video storyteller
- Working knowledge of video creation/editing software and graphic design software
- Detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time with deadline pressures
- A working understanding of how data translates to Creative ideas
- A passion for creating tangibility from inspiration
- A passionate problem solver with the ability to think about the unique challenges of the cannabis community + other counter culture touch-points
- Delivers content ideas that meets the authenticity of an engaged audience, and sparks curiosity in order to foster growth + visibility among a less engaged audience
- An interest in and deep knowledge of the social web, including experience producing across a variety of platforms and formats (platform-specific expertise is a plus – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat)
- The ability to work as part of a team under tight deadlines
Herb is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Herb is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Herb are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Herb will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Herb encourages applicants of all ages.