Inventory Control Manager
Santa Rosa or Goleta, California /
Operations – Warehouse Operations /
What is our purpose?
HERBL improves lives by enabling access to high quality, compliant cannabis.
Our beliefs are in our actions...
•We believe in honoring the legacy of California cannabis while we help create its future.
•We believe in having the courage to take action and make a positive impact
•We believe in being accountable and taking ownership of our words, actions, and results.
•We believe in being honest, authentic, and decent in everything we do, no games and no assholes.
Our beliefs support success...
•We believe in creating a place where respect and care make it safe to be yourself, and where everyone has equal access to growth and opportunity.
•We believe in working together and supporting each other, one team is how we roll.
•We believe that if we live in service to our customers and partners, they will in turn support our success.
The Inventory Control Manager is a member of the HERBL Santa Rosa WHS Operation and is responsible for leading all operational requirements of the Inventory Control program, as well as the production of Sample Kits. This is performed via HERBL’s operating systems (SAP ERP, JDA WMS & BCC METRC systems). The Inventory Control team works closely with business units (Operations, Shared Services, Brand Operations, Purchasing and Compliance) to ensure all cross functional operations are interacting with HERBL inventory in an appropriate and compliant manner.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but not limited to, maintaining and leading the cycle counting, tracking and reporting of the overall accuracy of the inventory and initiating tactics to improve the overall posture of the inventory management; the administration and coordination of product destruction; interacting with other business functions as necessary.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gatekeeper of the facility cycle counting schedule, tracking, and reporting.
- Data analysis of trends and initiating tactics with peers and colleagues for the continuous improvement of the inventory management.
- Proactively lead root cause analysis of non-conforming and lead continuous improvements efforts of your team.
- Maintain assigned working area respecting housekeeping, safety, and security protocols.
- Working closely with the Compliance and Brand Solution functions, lead local efforts at monitoring, reporting, and initiating appropriate actions regarding Expiring SKU’s inclusive of coordinating and organizing resources supporting approved destructions.
- Working closely with the local METRC & Manifest team to resolve inventory discrepancies as appropriate.
- Main contact with Brand Solutions function for the coordination and the production of sample kits for the business.
- Supervise a team of associates: PTO, coaching, training, and directing their collective efforts within your area.
- Lead and promote an environment that embraces safety, efficiency, and teamwork.
- Foster positive collaborative working relationships with the other WHS areas and across HERBL business units.
- From to time will be delegated to assist in other operational as needed.
- Knowledge of safe operational processes.
- Microsoft Excel and WHM Systems
- Problem Solving / Analysis
- Decision Making
- Team Oriented
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Previous Manager experience (2-3 years)
- High School Diploma or GED (preference given to AA or Higher degree)
- Warehouse operations experience, order processing (IB through OB) using radio frequency device.
- Able to use PC and software like MS Word, Excel, and Email with confidence.
- Prior experience with Cannabis Inventory is preferred
HERBL is laser-focused on the distribution of naturally derived products, giving all of our attention to supporting brands and retailers in what’s best for their businesses. We believe having company-owned brands inherently creates a conflict of interest, so we have chosen to be a pure play distribution company. By not having company-owned competing brands, you can take comfort in knowing that every action we take is in a brand or retailers best interest.
We care deeply about relationships, integrity, collaboration, and are always committed to doing what is right. We honor this belief when working with our suppliers, our customers, and our team members. The HERBL team is a blend of individuals who have significant experience from many different backgrounds including, but not limited to Supply Chain, Sales, and Operations in high-volume distribution.