Delivery Driver (CDL Class C)
Santa Ana, California /
Logistics – Transportation /
What is our purpose?
HERBL improves lives by enabling access to high quality, compliant cannabis.
Our beliefs are in our actions...
•We believe in honoring the legacy of California cannabis while we help create its future.
•We believe in having the courage to take action and make a positive impact
•We believe in being accountable and taking ownership of our words, actions, and results.
•We believe in being honest, authentic, and decent in everything we do, no games and no assholes.
Our beliefs support success...
•We believe in creating a place where respect and care make it safe to be yourself, and where everyone has equal access to growth and opportunity.
•We believe in working together and supporting each other, one team is how we roll.
•We believe that if we live in service to our customers and partners, they will in turn support our success.
We are seeking a CDL Class C Delivery Driver to join our team!
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with vehicle loading and ensure inventory matches delivery requirements
- Unload product in and out of truck as needed throughout the day
- Follow set routes and schedules for daily deliveries
- Maintain ongoing knowledge and compliance with rules and regulations for Cannabis Transport and Dept of Transportation and law enforcement
- Drive Safely, and defensively
- Always keep vehicle clean, presentable organized and functional.
- Perform per and post trip inspections . Report any signs of wear nd tear or performance issues that could require maintenance or service .
- Accurately complete deliveries making sure product and manifest are reconciled .
- Scan or write in confirmation upon delivery
- Maintain contact with HERBL dispatcher throughout the route at every stop
- Collect payments according to HERBL Accounting instructions
- Count and record cash collections. Accurately document cash management process according to HERBL SOP’s
- Delivery goods only to specific locations . Note and escalate any requests for deviation from planned route .
- Refuel vehicle as needed .
- Always maintain control of all personal and Company items . Do not leave any articles visible within the vehicle when stopping for breaks
- Follow all company and state enforced safety requirements for loading and unloading .
- Maintain vigilant awareness of surrounding. Protect yourself and HERBL property by maintaining attentiveness to the vehicle and tasks at hand. Avoid distractions
- Provide excellent customer service by answering questions and handling customer complaints quickly, professionally and with a positive demeanor.
- Provide feedback on behalf of customers for continuous improvement pf HERBL polices and procedure
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Process a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience as a delivery driver a plus
- Have a clean driving record with no moving violations
- Proficient at driving and parking large vehicles
- Excellent Customer Service
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience with Cannabis Inventory
- Valid Class C driver’s license required
- Cash Handling Experience
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This is a full time position. Normal Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday between 6 am and 8 pm . Normal shifts are between 10 – 12 hours. Occasional evening and weekend work. Some routes may require Driver to spend occasional nights way from home.
- Medical, dental and health benefits
- Paid Holidays
HERBL is laser-focused on the distribution of naturally derived products, giving all of our attention to supporting brands and retailers in what’s best for their businesses. We believe having company-owned brands inherently creates a conflict of interest, so we have chosen to be a pure play distribution company. By not having company-owned competing brands, you can take comfort in knowing that every action we take is in a brand or retailers best interest.
We care deeply about relationships, integrity, collaboration, and are always committed to doing what is right. We honor this belief when working with our suppliers, our customers, and our team members. The HERBL team is a blend of individuals who have significant experience from many different backgrounds including, but not limited to Supply Chain, Sales, and Operations in high-volume distribution.