East Bay, California /
Sales – Sales /
HERBL is California’s largest cannabis distributor and supply chain solutions company servicing more than 850 storefront and non-storefront retail licensees. Founded in 2016, HERBL’s team is composed of distribution and retail experts with extensive experience in large-scale global supply chains. HERBL brings the state's leading cannabis retailers and top brands together through world-class technology, unparalleled service, and high-security, state-of-the-art facilities, and trucks. Exclusive brand partners include the leaders in flower, vapes, edibles, topicals, pre-rolls, and concentrate. To learn more, visit www.HERBL.com.
The Account Manager position is responsible for actively calling on current and new customers. The position involves visiting CA state licensed retailers introducing them to HERBL Distribution Solutions and our benefits we can offer them. The Account Manager should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant cannabis sales experience and have a thorough understanding of the cannabis industry and community. The ideal Account Manager candidate will be comfortable in a fluid, dynamic startup environment, passionate about the cannabis industry and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work.
East Bay Territory: Oakland, Vallejo, Berkeley, Richmond, Walnut Creek and Concord
- Set up meetings with retailer purchasing managers via cold-calling, email, and social media outreach
- Visit retailers on a daily basis to understand customer needs and desires, and make sales presentations
- Use a customer-focused, consultative sales process to educate prospects on what products will best fit their needs
- Follow-up with prospective accounts to stay top of mind and close new business
- Collaborate with our support team to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for new retailers.
- Facilitate on-site patient appreciation days, budtender education events and other events on a regular basis
- Respond to phone and email inquiries in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Maintain expert-level knowledge on our full product catalog as well as the latest trends in the cannabis industry
- Work with the marketing team to develop new sales material and refine company messaging
- Relay feedback from customers to the marketing, customer support, procurement, and logistics teams on a regular basis.
- Spend majority of time in the field visiting retailers
- Maintain customer relationship database and ensure that all information is up-to-date and accurate
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant field sales experience in the cannabis industry required
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree a plus
- Personal list of cannabis industry contacts a plus
- Proven track record of developing and executing a sales plan, building new business, and meeting/exceeding sales quotas
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficient technical skills including use of MS Office, Google Drive, and CRM software
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, insurance, and a clean driving record
- Must pass background check
HERBL is laser-focused on the distribution of naturally derived products, giving all of our attention to supporting brands and retailers in what’s best for their businesses. We believe having company-owned brands inherently creates a conflict of interest, so we have chosen to be a pure play distribution company. By not having company-owned competing brands, you can take comfort in knowing that every action we take is in a brand or retailers best interest.
We care deeply about relationships, integrity, collaboration, and are always committed to doing what is right. We honor this belief when working with our suppliers, our customers, and our team members. The HERBL team is a blend of individuals who have significant experience from many different backgrounds including, but not limited to Supply Chain, Sales, and Operations in high-volume distribution.