Lead Technical Recruiter
Internal Operations – People /
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
As the Lead Technical Recruiter, you will be responsible for spearheading the recruitment efforts for our dynamic and rapidly expanding engineering, technical, and operations teams. You will lead a team of recruiters and work closely with department leaders to identify, attract, and hire top-tier talent to drive our aerospace innovations forward. Your expertise in technical recruitment, innovative sourcing strategies, and strong communication skills will be critical in ensuring that we build a world-class team of engineers, scientists, and specialists. This position will report to the Director of People and will require extended work hours as needed. Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
- Establish trust with hiring managers to influence hiring strategy and priorities while executing on hiring deliverables.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the company’s needs to help manage company growth.
- Drive initiatives to support company’s diversity hiring efforts.
- Work closely with HR to ensure a seamless transition from recruitment to onboarding.
- Manage and mentor a team of technical recruiters, fostering their professional growth and ensuring cohesive collaboration.
- Provide guidance and support to your team in sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates.
- Track and analyze pipeline and team performance data to gain insights and improve areas of underperformance.
Sourcing and Outreach
- Develop innovative and effective sourcing strategies to attract top technical talent in the aerospace and aviation industry.
- Build and maintain relationships with Friends of Hermeus, research institutions, and industry organizations to establish a pipeline of potential candidates.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to define job requirements and candidate profiles.
- Conduct thorough technical assessments and interviews to evaluate candidates' skills, experience, and cultural fit.
- Ensure a positive and engaging candidate experience throughout the recruitment process that aligns with Hermeus values and culture.
- Represent the company's values and mission to potential candidates and external partners.
- Stay current with industry trends and competitors' hiring practices to inform recruitment strategies.
- Analyze market data to provide insights on salary ranges, candidate availability, and industry benchmarks.
- Utilize recruitment data and metrics to assess the effectiveness of various sourcing channels and strategies.
- Continuously optimize the recruitment process based on performance data.
· Proven experience (5+ years) in recruiting.
· Experience with high-volume recruiting through the entire life cycle (screening candidates, facilitating interviews, providing feedback, and extending offers).
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in using applicant tracking systems (ATS) and other recruitment tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Ability to distinguish between the top 50% and the top 5% of talent within respective areas of focus.
- Strong understanding of engineering, aerospace technology, and related technical skill sets.
- Previous experience leading a team of recruiters and managing end-to-end recruitment processes.
- A proactive and strategic mindset, with a demonstrated ability to think creatively about talent acquisition.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.