Atlanta, GA /
Manufacturing – Technicians /
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
The Manufacturing Team at Hermeus are the boots on the ground. We have a vast array of experiences ranging from welding, additive, tube bending, machining, integration, and avionics. We are a lean team who are responsible for building a vehicle that will fly. We provide crucial design feedback to our engineering team and can rapidly iterate on design and assembly.
The Opportunity and How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- You will complete work order operations, quality buyoffs, and issuing hardware
- You will build mechanical and electrical sub-assemblies
- You will perform functional qualification testing and harness routing between kit assemblies
- You will proficiently use various mechanical tools and heavy machinery
- You will maintain, troubleshoot, and install fluid and electromechanical components from a schematic or drawing
- You will work closely with engineers and leadership to develop and implement operational improvements focused on driving takt times down and ease of repeatability
- You will rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- You will play a critical role in coordinated vehicle movements and integrated pressurized ground operations
- High school diploma, associate degree, or equivalent certificate
- 2+ years of experience in hardware assembly, test, and/or installation
- Strong communication skills and ability to read and provide feedback on technical documents
- Ability to train operators how to setup and run machines
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Ability to stand for extended periods - 8 hours min
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
- Experience in a startup development environment
- Experience working in a flight development program
- A&P license is preferred, but not required
- Experience transitioning parts/assemblies from first article to production
Skillsets and Responsibilities:
- A&P license preferred
- Welding experience preferred (TIG/MIG)
- CAD/CAM experience preferred
- Basic shop knowledge of tools and equipment
- Previous systems development experience
- GSE build and operations experience
- Basic knowledge of GD&T as well as Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to take measurements using precision tools such as gauge pins, micrometers, depth gauges, scales, calipers, ball gauge, etc.
- Previous experience with integration and assembly of fluid systems, structures, and/or propulsion
- Some experience and knowledge base of simple harnessing and connectorizing
- Powerplant / engine test operation experience
- Ability to design and fabricate his/her tooling necessary for safe/complete operations
- Experience supervising large lifts and rigging
- Previous experience with component level builds and tests including proofing, ATP, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in-situ on the floor and redline changes for engineering
- Work closely with engineers to develop and implement operational, design, and work instruction improvements
- Willingness to travel for test operations, etc.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.