Facility Security Officer
Atlanta, GA /
Internal Operations – Logistics and Operations /
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
The Facility Security Officer (FSO) will implement the industrial security program and ensure security requirements are met for the Hermeus facility and program office. Coordinate and monitor highly sensitive aspects of DoD or other industrial security programs and other security activities while ensuring compliance with government and company security policies and procedures. Support clearance processing, visit certifications, document control, and physical security, including alarm response for controlled area program. Thorough understanding of security databases such as eQIP, NISS. The FSO is responsible for implementing and providing guidance to customers and management on security issues such as security education, insider threat, classified document control, security investigations, classification control and personnel clearances. The FSO will apply knowledge of, and experience with, Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements to include collateral Closed Areas. Along with working knowledge of SF-86, SF-312, DD-254, SF700, SF702, Operations Security (OPSEC) to develop, implement, and maintain the OPSEC Program to protect sensitive unclassified information, activities, equipment, and materials. Develop, participate in, and /or provide training and awareness.
The Opportunity & How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- The FSO is responsible for implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met.
- The successful candidate will interface with all levels of personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with DoD Manual 5205.07, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides.
- Work as a team player, exhibit flexibility, and excellent organizational skills. Analyze moderate problems and provide focused solutions with the ability to effectively communicate information to various audiences. Bring security risks to the attention of the senior management and PM’s as identified.
- The candidate will be required to conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
- The FSO must possess the confidence to make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information.
- Manage and Provide clear guidance to company employees, and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures as appropriate.
- Management of COMSEC related duties and responsibilities under NSA CSS 3-16 and AR 380-40.
- Administer day-to-day security programs, personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. 4+ years of experience supervising.
- Leading teams or projects or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5-7 years of professional experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM, other relevant DoD security guidance as well as the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) standards
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, customer service orientated
- Commitment to security - creating and delivering the highest value to customers
- Ability to interpret company and government security policies and apply them to program operations
- Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements to include collateral Closed Areas. Along with working knowledge of SF-86, SF-312, DD-254, SF700, SF702 and other required forms.
- Thorough understanding of security databases• Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post foreign travel briefings and refresher briefings, as appropriate
- Ability to develop and establish an effective security awareness, training, and education program. Assist in executing the requirements set forth in the Technology Control Plan (TCP) for foreign visitors.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own area, which may include external constituents depending upon the area. Requires ability to influence others outside of own area on policies, practices and procedures.
- Assist with Proposal Writing and Contract Closeouts.
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance and be able to meet eligibility requirements for SCI access
- FSO training certificate
- COMSEC Custodian certificate or experience required.
- Complete IAEC-2112 COMSEC Training Course six months after being appointed as Alternate COMSEC Account Manager
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP) Certification or Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- Courier preparation procedures
- Experience developing and implementing OPSEC plans
- Knowledge of Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience conducting Security incident inquiries
- Resourceful in solving problem and capitalizing on opportunities
- Professional Certifications/Affiliations
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.