Internships - Summer 2024
Internships – Internships /
Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
Hermeus is seeking talented engineering students to join our team in Atlanta for the Summer 2024 semester. Successful candidates will help define and execute Hermeus' development strategy. This is a full-time paid internship that will last around 10-12 weeks (May - August).
We're looking for engineering candidates with design, test, and/or analysis experience in one or more of the these areas:
- Engineering responsibilities range from owning propulsion components, test stand build-up and commissioning, designing and fabricating harnesses, thermal and structural analysis, writing flight software, designing PCBs, to aircraft integration
- Hands-on experience designing, building, and testing vehicles (engineering candidates only)
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university (Undergraduate student or enrolled in a Master's or Ph.D. program)
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles
- Demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Enthusiasm for aviation and Hermeus' mission
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- GPA of 3.0 or above
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.