Propulsion Test Technician
Test – Flight Test /
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
The Hermeus Test discipline owns the cradle to grave testing of the fastest unpiloted reusable air breathing aircraft on the planet. These are extraordinary vehicles, and we're seeking extraordinary Test Technicians.
At Hermeus, we are constantly iterating and integrating. We test early and often to minimize technical and program risk. We build the test campaigns that support our full range of test programs spanning development, operational and certification testing.
The Opportunity and How You'll Impact Hermeus
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and operations of propulsion test hardware (including facilities and test rigs)
- Work closely with other engineers and technicians over a wide range of disciplines, including propulsion
- Inform the growth and capabilities of the company
About You / Valued Experience
- High school diploma, associate degree, or equivalent certificate
- Experience in hardware assembly, test, and/or installation
- Strong communication skills and ability to read and provide feedback on technical documents
- Ability to train operators how to setup and run machines
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Ability to stand for extended periods - 8 hours min
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment in a scrappy and cost-effective manner
- Maintain a positive attitude when encounter challenging problems
- Willing to travel to support ground and flight test campaigns
- Experience in a startup development environment
- Experience working in a flight development program
- A&P license is preferred, but not required
- Experience transitioning parts/assemblies from first article to production
- Experience with the generation of work instructions and quality control associated with nonconformances
- Hands-on experience machining, welding, or integrating hardware (aerospace or other industry)
- Experience certifying test hardware to be used to certify flight hardware
$80,000 - $120,000 a year
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.