Vehicle Configuration Engineer
Engineering – Quarterhorse Engineering /
Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
- Ownership and configuration management of vehicle CAD models in both development and production environments
- Definition of clear communication process between design, manufacturing, and test operations to enure consistent configuration management of the vehicle through all hardware stages
- Ownership of and direct feedback to functional groups regarding hardware interfaces, vehicle design best practices and standards, hardware placement, vehicle envelope, etc.
- Work with manufacturing team to ensure vehicle model is sufficient to ensure accurate and up-to-date vehicle build work instructions
- Ownership of vehicle model information, such as the Mechanical Interface Drawing (MID), mass & MOI definition, etc.
- Works directly with engineering teams as needed to ensure packaging to the vehicle is a success. Ensure that integration & transport tooling, if necessary, will function properly upon install
- Consistent delivery of eBOM to the manufacturing team in intervals that best support development or production efforts based on engineering change. Clear communication of engineering change with forewarning to manufacturing team
- Creation of and maintenance of reuse libraries for engineering teams to leverage in mechanical design
- 5+ years' experience within hardware-focused organizations
- 5+ years' experience working with CAD software, preferably Siemens NX or PTC Creo
- Proficiency in GD&T
- Experience with managing and maintaining top-level large assemblies and models, ensuring consistency, accuracy, and optimal CAD performance throughout the design process
- Experience conducting thorough reviews of top-level assemblies to identify and address any discrepancies, ensuring compliance with design standards and specifications
- Experience operating in ISO 9001 or AS9100 certified organizations desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling personal projects and daily firefighting with CAD issues
$130,000 - $160,000 a year
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.