Structural Test Engineer
Engineering – Structures /
Hermeus is an aerospace and defense technology company founded to radically accelerate air travel by delivering hypersonic aircraft. The company aims to develop hypersonic aircraft quickly and cost-effectively by integrating hardware-rich, iterative development with modern computing and autonomy. This approach has been validated through design, build, and test of the company’s first combined turbojet-ramjet engine and is now being scaled through its first flight vehicle program, Quarterhorse. Hermeus is also developing Darkhorse — an uncrewed hypersonic aircraft designed to deliver unique asymmetric capabilities to the warfighter.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Structural Test Engineer to join our Structures Team. As a Structural Test Engineer at Hermeus, you will be responsible for ensuring the structural integrity and reliability of our cutting-edge aerospace systems and components through rigorous testing, analysis, and validation processes.
- Structural Testing: Plan, design, and execute structural tests to validate the performance and safety of aerospace components and systems
- Test Design: Develop test plans, procedures, and protocols for both static and dynamic structural tests, ensuring they align with project objectives and industry standards
- Test Fixture Design: Develop the rigging and test fixture requirements / design for the various testing conditions
- Test Instrumentation: Develop the plan to instrument test articles to capture the required test data and response
- Data Analysis: Analyze test data to assess the structural performance, stress, and stiffness of components, making recommendations for improvements and refinements. Correlate test data to test predictions
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers and technicians, to ensure effective communication and alignment on testing requirements
- Safety and Compliance: Ensure adherence to all safety protocols and industry standards in structural testing and maintain compliance with relevant regulations
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of test procedures, results, and findings, and contribute to comprehensive technical reports
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement, recommend innovative testing methods, and actively contribute to the enhancement of structural testing capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- +3 years of industry experience in structural testing, particularly in an aerospace or high-performance engineering environment
- Strong knowledge of structural analysis and finite element analysis tools such as FEMAP and NX Simcenter
- Familiarity with CAD tools such as NX
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualization tools
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Safety-conscious mindset with a commitment to quality and compliance
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.