Atlanta, GA /
Internal Operations – Finance and Legal /
Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
We are seeking an experienced Corporate Controller to join our team to help manage our financial operations. The Corporate Controller will be responsible for leading the accounting, financial reporting, and compliance functions of our company, ensuring that our financial operations are efficient, accurate, and compliant with all relevant regulations.
This is an opportunity to work on a lean Finance team and to make an immediate impact in a fast-scaling startup. Come help us radically accelerate air travel!
The Opportunity & How You'll Impact Hermeus:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations of the company, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger activities
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with GAAP and other relevant regulations
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and reports, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and management reports
- Develop and implement financial controls and internal procedures to ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of financial reporting
- Coordinate and manage the annual audit process, working with external auditors to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
- Manage tax compliance and reporting, including federal, state, and local tax filings
- Own the selection and maturation of our accounting systems
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. CPA required.
- 10+ years of experience in accounting and finance, with a minimum of 3 years in a management role
- Experience in aerospace and defense or a related industry strongly preferred
- Active security clearance or willingness to get a clearance strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting, and accounting policies and procedures
- Familiarity with government regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) regulations
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis for government contracts and grants
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with senior management, external stakeholders, and team members at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify issues and develop solutions
- Experience with ERP systems and other financial software tools
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.