Senior Interactive Designer
Full-time or Contract
About the Role
As a Interactive Designer you will be working alongside a cross-disciplinary team of digital design professionals with a passion for elegant, purposeful, modern design. Hero Digital takes design seriously and believes that designers have a significant voice at the table in defining any successful digital initiative. As a team member, you will be collaborating with art directors and other designers to deliver top-notch creative concepts, efficiently. You will start on a specific client project, on-site at the client's headquarter in the South Bay/San Francisco Bay Area (Shuttle provided).
Title and compensation commensurate with experience
- Design and develop visual and highly usable interface solutions focused creating a user experience that meets or exceeds strategic objectives
- Balance creative requirements with client business requirements - strong ability to visualize and verbalize your ideas to core team and stakeholders
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables. Own an exceptional eye for pixel-perfect detail
- Build and maintain a team rapport with creative team personnel, creative directors & project managers
- Strong up-to-date portfolio of work showcasing excellence in visual design and an appreciation for interaction design (this is a must-have) that is impressive immediately. Portfolio/work samples must demonstrate experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Experience working with big brands in the retail or consumer electronic space
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Highly organized and capable of managing many design tasks and assets throughout a project timeline.
- Strong problem solving skills and initiative to produce the highest quality of work.
- Mastery of fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principals. Strong typography, layout, and visual design skills.
- Developed and diverse communication skills - ability to articulate creative ideas and present to stakeholders and creative directors
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- Passion for user-centered design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people. Self motivated, organized and accountable.
- Demonstrated fluency in the design of responsive web experiences.
- Ability to work independently and within a creative team environment.
- Comfortable brainstorming and contributing to the bigger idea
Hero is a digital consultancy that helps leading companies improve their customer experience. We combine experience design with engineering to create multi-channel platforms that can adapt to any customer and their needs, instantly placing personalized content in front of them to drive successful outcomes.
The founders of Hero have spent the better part of two decades helping clients solve really tough digital problems. Projects where we took on unknowns, enormous complexity, or time pressures and brought something to market that drove results.
Hero is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in LA and Boston, and clients throughout the country and the world. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that requires a passion for working hard, thinking fast, and delivering ferociously on behalf of clients. We enjoy working with one another as much as we enjoy a beer together at the end of the day.
Job title dependent on experience and skill level.
Please submit resume and portfolio and availability.