Senior UX Designer
We are looking for a visionary designer who is ready to and capable of tackling some deep, challenging design problems, and coming up with elegant solutions that will improve the customer experience. You will start on a specific client project, onsite at client's headquarter in the South Bay/San Francisco Bay Area (Shuttle provided). We are open to both longer term contractors and direct hires.
Title and compensation commensurate with experience
- Develop innovative visual designs, screen layouts, navigation systems, user interface elements, typography and color palettes. Create user flows, diagrams and models to facilitate shared understanding of complex topics
- Develop wireframes, navigation systems, and user interface elements while working within a strict set of brand guidelines.
- Push the boundaries of the current interaction models to create a better user experience and more engaging storytelling experience
- Own customer experience strategy, ideation, deep expertise in customer experiences
- Design systems for user experience, flows, and interactions for web and native apps for a variety of screen sizes and interaction models
- Collaborate with project team members and stakeholders to develop organizational/structural concepts for digital products and develop content hierarchy.
- Lead and collaborate with interdisciplinary project teams, art directors, copywriters and provide direct/support to designers,
- Work with engineers to implement designs.
- Create prototypes to assist in pushing concepts forward and through approval process
- Work with Product Managers to understand and develop business requirements to create wireframes to achieve those business goals
- Act as a user experience evangelist within diversely skilled project teams and a catalyst for positive change.
- Work in an agile, rapid development and prototyping environment where effective communication is paramount
- Professional experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role. Bachelor’s degree preferred, with multidisciplinary backgrounds such as psychology, computer science, information sciences, human/computer interface design or commerce/business.
- An exceptional eye for pixel-perfect detail. Ability to produce high-fidelity (pixel-perfect) wireframes & design comps, rapidly with a propensity towards simplification.
- A passion for improving and promulgating design processes. Must be process driven, possess strong interaction design skills, careful attention to detail and have a solid understanding of user centered design principles.
- Previous experience working on e-commerce is a must (B2C Commerce in Consumer Electronics is a plus)
- Strong up-to-date body of work and online portfolio (this is a must-have) that is impressive immediately. Portfolio/work samples must demonstrate experience creating great user-centered design solutions, wireframes and prototypes.
- Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative, agile environment
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Fluency in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, and a solid knowledge of HTML/CSS and rapid prototyping tools
- Experience using Principle or positive attitude to jump in and learn
- US Work Permit required
- Ability to work at client's site in South Bay
About Hero Digital
Hero Digital is a digital consultancy that helps leading companies improve their customer experience. We combine experience design with engineering to create multi-channel platforms that can adapt to any customer and their needs, instantly placing personalized content in front of them to drive successful outcomes.
The founders of Hero Digital have spent the better part of two decades helping clients solve really tough digital problems. Projects where we took on unknowns, enormous complexity, or time pressures and brought something to market that drove results.
Hero Digital is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Philadelphia, LA, Portland, Seattle and clients throughout the country and the world. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that requires a passion for working hard, thinking fast, and delivering ferociously on behalf of clients. We enjoy working with one another as much as we enjoy a beer together at the end of the day.
Job title dependent on experience and skill level.
Please submit resume, portfolio and availability.