Senior Product Designer
San Diego, CA /
Full Time - Remote
Hero: We Build Solutions to Healthcare's Hardest Problems
Hero was founded as the world’s most people-focused healthcare company, investing the time and effort required to create truly frictionless solutions to the hardest, most pervasive problems in healthcare. We’re starting with the largest universal yet avoidable cost to the US healthcare system: medication management.
In 2018 we introduced a groundbreaking hardware device that automatically manages, sorts, and dispenses an individual's entire pill regimen, and it transformed how people manage their health. Combined with app-based notifications, and our direct-to-door prescription fulfillment service, Hero has driven medication adherence to levels never before achieved in healthcare.
Hero is seeking a brilliant Senior Product Designer with a track record of designing effective user experiences that bridge hardware and software, and a passion for delivering products that improve people’s lives. This role is responsible for key elements of the Hero product ecosystem, spanning digital (App/Web) and hardware (in-home device). This mandate includes complete ownership of all moments, interactions, and touch points across the user journey and latitude to drive design decisions that continually improve them. Success in this role requires a refined understanding of effective user experience design, an ability to derive pointed user insights from research, authority to convert those insights into design, and a second-nature intuition for reaching solutions that best serve users. You will be joining Hero at an exciting inflection point for the company with rapidly expanding business lines across B2C and Enterprise and a significant new product in development, which you will be instrumental in designing.
We are a lean and mean team with a high bar for excellence. We hire A-players to hire A-players. Join us in bringing transformative healthcare products to market that save lives and improve the livelihoods of millions.
- Primary owner of the end-to-end customer experience
- Design elegant, unified solutions to complex workflows, across hardware and digital products
- Drive implementation of innovative ideas and features through leadership and decisive action
- Guide features and products through their entire development lifecycle: user research, competitive analysis, concepting, product definition, usability testing, launch, and iteration
- Collaborate closely with product management in defining requirements, priorities, and goals
- Lead concept ideation, wireframe development, and prototyping
- Partner with Product and Engineering counterparts in facilitating design discussion and ensuring effective implementation of design objectives
- Clearly document and communicate user journeys and experience objectives to stakeholders
- Serve as the key evangelist of the Hero user, studying and representing core needs in product and design decisions
- Specify and oversee research and insight gathering from users
- 5+ years of experience on Product Design team (desktop, mobile, embedded software/hardware)
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation
- Passion for user-centered design, creating powerful products that inspire and delight users
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment
- Solid understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale
- Thorough knowledge of agile development lifecycles
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Out-of-the-box thinker who sees opportunities and solutions, where others see roadblocks
- Relish challenging the status quo and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible
- Proficiency extracting and studying user feedback to derive customer insights and drive product decisions
- Outstanding communication skills, self-starter with infectious enthusiasm, energy and problem-solving abilities
- Driven and motivated to grow with a top-tier team
- Bachelor’s degree