San Diego, CA
Hero: We Build Solutions to Healthcare's Hardest Problems
Hero was founded as the world’s most people-focused healthcare company, investing the time and effort required to create truly frictionless solutions to the hardest, most pervasive problems in healthcare. We’re starting with the largest universal yet avoidable cost to the US healthcare system: medication management.
In 2018 we introduced a groundbreaking hardware device that automatically manages, sorts, and dispenses an individual's entire pill regimen, and it transformed how people manage their health. Combined with app-based notifications, and our direct-to-door prescription fulfillment service, Hero has driven medication adherence to levels never before achieved in healthcare.
Hero is on the hunt for a for a passionate and talented Product Designer to help us design and build our products. You will create beautiful and inspiring user experiences that help users stay on track with their medication and more importantly keep them healthy. You should be an excellent communicator, self-starter, and collaborative enthusiast. While user experience is the most important discipline for this role, you will frequently be asked to apply our creative vision and aesthetic to new design patterns and use cases.
- Review what our customers are thinking and turn those insights into the best-in-class user experience
- Lead concept ideation and iteration with sketching, wireframe development, and prototypes
- Design elegant solutions to complex workflows (on device and in app)
- Collaborate with product management defining requirements and goals
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders
- Work on features and products through their entire lifecycle: user research, competitive analysis, product definition, usability testing, launch, and iteration
- Integrate UX research and design into our agile development process
- Keep the interface beautiful and easy to use
- A portfolio showcasing a breadth of creative work
- 2+ years experience doing UX/UI on digital products
- Passion for user-centered design, creating powerful products that inspire and delight users
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment
- Solid intuition and strong passion for detail
- Thorough knowledge of agile development lifecycles
- An ability to create wireframes, prototypes, and specifications
- An eye for strong visual designs
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Familiarity with embedded software a plus