Senior Engineering Manager - Backend
Engineering – Backend /
At Hevo, we are changing the way companies leverage data to drive user experience, growth, and business processes. There has been a fundamental change in the amount of data companies are generating on a day-to-day basis. More and more users in an organization are now looking to use data to drive business decisions. Data is no longer a second-class citizen and companies are seeing data as a competitive advantage. We see this change and we are on a mission to change the way companies leverage their data.
With a technology platform processing more than 100 billion records a month and doubling itself every 6 months, Hevo is poised for exponential growth in the coming future. This position provides a unique opportunity to create a massive impact on all existing and future customers of Hevo through technology innovation.
If you are the one who is looking to take a leap of faith and work on the technology of the future, if you obsess over customer satisfaction and experience then we are looking for you.
About the role
- This role provides a great opportunity to own and build highly scalable and fault-tolerant platform services that will help support thousands of customers’ data pipelines and load data reliability to the different cloud warehouses. These services are the core of the Hevo platform that helps provide building no code-low pipeline. Also, makes a huge impact on company’s business directly.
What you will do
- Lead a team of passionate software engineers that prides itself on ownership and impact
- Drive on-time, high-quality product delivery.
- Drive adoption of engineering best practices.
- Work with Product Managers to have a holistic view across engineering and product, and drive engineering and product strategy (wear a product manager hat when needed).
- Help the organization scale and grow with the business - attract and groom the best talent!
- Drive better efficiency and process improvement for various aspects of the team’s / product’s operations.
- Be hands-on in technical architecture/reviews, and if/as needed, make contributions to codeOwn the ultimate outcome and success of critical product line(s) at Hevo.
- 12+ years of professional work experience in software development.
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering manager or sr manager in fast-paced engineering environment.
- Outstanding customer-centric mindset, growth mindset, and hunger for impact.
- Strong coding, design, and architectural skills - be a technical leader for the team.
- Solid experience in building the scale-out distributed backend services to run on multi-tenants environment.
- Very good understanding of data technologies including ETL, and data platforms.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skillsStrong in data-driven metrics to establish operational excellence for the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.