Solutions – Solutions Engineering /
We’re seeking a talented Sales Engineer to join our growing Sales team.
You’ll work one-on-one with the sales team to help discover our customers’ business and technical needs and demonstrate how Hevo’s platform can solve their real-time data replication needs.
In this role, you will have a deep understanding of Hevo’s architecture and a clear comprehension of how Hevo’s pipelines are best utilised. Additionally, you will lead technical discovery, provide technical expertise, and guide prospective customers through successful proof of concepts (POCs).
- Support the Sales team with technical knowledge and understanding of Hevo’s platform, competition, and how Hevo fits into the Data Space.
- Serve as a technical liaison between Sales and the Product, Engineering, and Support teams.
- Lead technical customer interactions throughout the pre-sales process. Deliver tailored product demonstrations of the Hevo platform to prospective customers.
- Ensure successful evaluations of Hevo by solving customers’ technical issues, answering technical inquiries, and providing white-glove support during the POC process.
- Proactively provide feedback, escalate issues, and engage with Product and Engineering teams on roadmap and product priorities.
- Contribute to internal and external documentation resources and create sharable artifacts showcasing Hevo’s capabilities and functionality with partner systems.
What are we looking for
- 4-8 years of experience in a pre-sales role in a startup or enterprise environment .
- Strong skills in ETL/ELT, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Cloud Data Platforms, and/or other related technologies.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure .
- Demonstrated business and revenue impact .
- Experience successfully demonstrating and articulating the value of data and analytics.
- Proficient in SQL, Python scripting, and programmatic API interaction .
- Good technical acumen and interest in data and analytics .
- Ability for up to 20% travel
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
Good to have
- Ability to create and deliver effective and tailored demonstrations to prospective customers.
- Communicate technical value to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong consultative selling skills, objection handling, trap setting, and technical discovery.
- Understand customer pain points and map Hevo’s value accordingly .
- Manage multiple sales engagements simultaneously and prioritise tasks.
- Troubleshoot and document technical issues