Clinical – Clinical /
All positions are fully remote from protected states in the eyes of abortion law (CA, CT, DE, IL, MA, NJ, NM, NY, CO, HI, MD, VT, and WA)
We are Hey Jane, a virtual reproductive and sexual health clinic that always puts patients first.
From day one, we've been committed to providing safe, discreet medication abortion treatment—and have helped more than 30,000 people get the care they need. Today, we offer a range of reproductive and sexual health care services from the comfort and convenience of your phone. Our in-house clinical care team, composed of board certified doctors, advanced practice clinicians, nurses, and patient care advocates, is just a text message away. We’re committed to helping our patients get safe, discreet, judgment-free virtual health care, from a team that truly cares.
We are looking for Registered Nurses with a passion for reproductive justice and trauma informed care who are eager to be at the forefront of a new model of care delivery that leverages telemedicine to challenge the status quo in healthcare. In this position, you will provide direct education, counseling, and clinical care to patients undergoing medication abortion treatment. This remote nursing position provides triage and nursing assessment by responding to electronic portal messages from patients with clinical questions and concerns. Registered nurses will provide patient-specific nursing care and advice in a compassionate, caring, culturally and ethnically sensitive manner.
We are currently hiring for Full-Time RNs
40 hours per week
Compensation: $93,000 annual
This position will be responsible for:
- Patient triage
- Completing nursing assessments
- Provide care education to patients through text or over the phone
- Taking occasional after hours on-call (compensated)
- Collaboration with providers and other departments
- Adhere to compliance guidelines throughout processes (OSHA, FDA, HIPAA)
- BSN prepared RN from an accredited nursing education program
- 2+ clinical nursing experience
- RN experience in direct either direct abortion care/L&D/Outpatient OBGYN or Fertility.
- Excellent decision-making skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse groups, including diversity in race, ethnicity, economic status, and educational background
- Skilled at using online tools and technology to deliver care and communicate with patients
- Comfort in counseling on sensitive health issues, such as abortion and birth control
- Commitment to reproductive justice, and ability to provide judgment-free abortion care
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory requirements and organizational policies relating to patient information and consultation services
- Eager to engage in constant process improvement to help refine tools and operations for improved care delivery
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Startup experience
- Abortion specific experience
- Experience in clinical telephone triage
- 1+ years providing abortion care
At Hey Jane, we work towards the vision of having equitable healthcare, changing the status quo, and rebuilding the way people experience healthcare—and bring that same vision to our workplace. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive environment, and encourage all applicants from every background and life experience.