Heymarket helps businesses message with their customers over SMS, Apple Business Chat, Facebook Messenger, and more. Heymarket is used by over 1,200 businesses including Dignity Health, Blue Bottle, and Uhaul. Heymarket was founded by the team behind Manymoon, the #1 app in the Google Apps Marketplace and acquired by Salesforce.
As we increase the number of customers, keeping the app performant is a priority. Join a senior backend engineering team to scale the Heymarket platform, add integrations, and build significant features such as machine learning capabilities.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain platforms and microservices
- Build and maintain internal tools and infrastructure
- Pair with other software engineers
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining Heymarket features, end-to-end
- Work with the engineering and product co-founders to build new features
- Excited about back-end development.
- You have 5+ years of experience building scalable backend systems in Python, Java, or Go.
- Experience in large scale system design
- Experience in database performance optimization, backend performance optimization, and debugging live production services
- Self-motivated and have the ability to take a high-level goal and deliver shippable code
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well cross-functionally
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- BONUS: You have experience with AWS, Postgres, Redis, and/or Elasticsearch,2+ years of experience working on, and deploying, large-scale systems in Go
- Riot.js, but moving to React
- Google BigQuery
- Athena and Redash
Heymarket is remote, but has an office in the SoMa neighborhood of San Francisco. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance. To learn more about the company, please visit our website at heymarket.com.