Electrochemical Research Engineer
Los Angeles /
Electrochemistry and Materials /
Hgen's mission is to achieve a clean and sustainable energy future through tackling emissions in hard-to-decarbonize industries. By enabling cheap and abundant green hydrogen, Hgen can help to decarbonize the 25% of total global emissions that are best addressed with green hydrogen. Learn more about why green hydrogen is critical for achieving zero-emissions.
As an Electrochemical Research Engineer, you will drive electrochemical and materials research initiatives for optimizing Hgen's cell stack efficiency.
- Identify opportunities in electrode architecture, catalyst development, and/or separator materials to drive increased system efficiency
- Electrochemical characterization and analysis to optimize cell stack materials/design
- Engage in cross-disciplinary collaboration with engineering team to translate research opportunities into cell prototyping and development roadmap
- Ph.D. in Electrochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Engineering, or related field
- Experience researching catalysts/electrodes, separators, or membranes to improve hydrogen electrolysis efficiency
- Self-starter, ability to identify new opportunities and challenge ingrained assumptions