Content Marketing Manager
Money: Everyone wants it, but nobody enjoys thinking about it. Budgets, bills, APRs, rainy day funds - that stuff is as deeply important as it is stressful and intimidating. That’s why we are building Charlie - a free, text-based AI assistant who worries about money, so you do not have to. Our goal is to automate everything in personal finance that can be automated and to radically simplify the rest. We are using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and NLP to help everyday people be effortlessly great with all of their everyday finances.
We recently raised a $9 million Series A. Charlie’s user base is growing faster than ever. We have the freedom and long runway to build a delightful product that can improve the financial health of millions.
This is where you come in.
By joining this adventure as a Voice and Content Manager, you will:
- Shape Charlie’s Voice. We all decide what Charlie says, but you will decide how he says it. This is a big deal! You will keep Charlie clear and concise, but also funny, quirky, and lovable.
- Own and manage Charlie’s Blog. You will work with Product Managers, Growth Managers, and Data Scientists to set the content calendar. You will manage our bloggers and edit their work before final publication.
- Create social media content that regularly brings insights or delight to Charlie’s friends.
- Set the course of the business. From recruiting to road-mapping to culture, your voice will be heard on every aspect of the company, not just Content.
- Be proud. Our first user was struggling to save for her daughter’s birthday. We helped her. By working on Charlie, you will be helping real people with their biggest problems.
- Love coming to work. Charlie’s office in SOMA is our happy place. In addition to the scintillating company of your teammates, you will get free lunches, an unlimited supply of any Costco snacks you desire (mmm, prudent deliciousness), fully-covered benefits (platinum-level Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts), and a 6% 401(k) match.
Who you are
- Shakespeare: Words are your weapons of choice, your art and your craft. You speak the English equivalent of High Valyrian.
- Mrs. Maisel: You love and cherish a good joke or a masterful pun. Silly Dad jokes give you joy. You are not the least bit embarrassed by this.
- Empathetic: You anticipate the reaction of your audience and adjust accordingly.
- Contagiously curious: You can teach us a thing or two. We will return the favor!
- Caring: Like us, you are in this for the people. We are proudest when we help a user or a teammate out.
- Honey Badger: Relentless and pragmatic, you get stuff done.
- Goofball: Is it possible to make something like saving money delightful? We sure are trying, one ridiculous GIF at a time.
- BA degree, preferably in the Humanities or Social Sciences
- 2+ years of experience producing or editing user-facing content
- Keen understanding of the difference between good and great content
- Social media management experience a major plus, but not required
- Demonstrated interest in Personal Finance
- Bonus points: Experience in a high-growth startup
Charlie is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity - not only do we believe that it leads to greater happiness at work, but it also allows us to build more delightful and impactful products. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.