Head of Product
Money: Everyone wants it, but nobody enjoys thinking about it. Budgets, bills, APRs, rainy day funds - that stuff is as deeply important as it is stressful and intimidating. That’s why we are building Charlie - a free, text-based AI assistant who worries about money, so you do not have to. Our goal is to automate everything in personal finance that can be automated and to radically simplify the rest. We are using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and NLP to help everyday people be effortlessly great with all of their everyday finances.
We recently raised a $9 million Series A. Charlie’s user base is growing faster than ever. We have the freedom and long runway to build a delightful product that can improve the financial health of millions.
This is where you come in, internet friend!
Why do we need a Head of Product?
So far, Charlie has relied on our product CEO and on our team of product-oriented engineers to develop a user-empathy-driven roadmap and to execute against it. As the complexity of our team and product grow, we know we need a dedicated product organization. Great PMs are transformative - they help everyone be smarter and spend more time doing the best work of our life. That’s why we need you.
As the Head of Product, you will partner with our CEO to build out the product organization. You will be responsible for growing and managing a cross-functional team of PMs, designers and customer support, setting the overall product strategy and instituting the plan and processes to execute on it.
What do PMs at Charlie do?
- Thought Leadership: Product Managers partner with leadership to turn company vision into product strategy and develop a bold, game-changing roadmap.
- Execution Ownership: Product Managers collaborate with a cross-functional team to manage the entire product life cycle, from ideation to planning to execution to follow-up analysis.
- Empathy and Analysis: Through analytics and user research, Product Managers identify the highest potential opportunities and help the team prioritize the best options.
- Process Mastery: Product Managers identify bottlenecks and process improvements so that we can turn the strategy inspired by you into reality even sooner.
- Clarity: Product Managers ensure that the entire team understands what we're doing, why we're doing it, and, afterward, how it performed.
What kind of people will you work with?
- Contagiously curious: We value people who can teach us a thing or two. We will return the favor!
- Caring: Like you, we are in this for the people. We are proudest when we help a user or a teammate out.
- Honey Badger: Relentless and pragmatic, we get stuff done.
- Goofball: Is it possible to make something like saving money delightful? We sure are trying, one ridiculous GIF at a time.
What background are we looking for?
- 5+ years of product management experience at a consumer company. You have developed a strong playbook of best practices that you can adapt to our team.
- Exceptional leadership qualities and experience building and leading high performing, happy teams.
- Strong design sense, including experience doing user research, building and maintaining style guides, and insisting on QA-ing final designs
- Honed quantitative skills and ability to refine hypotheses by digging into user data and iteratively improving metrics
Charlie is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity - not only do we believe that it leads to greater happiness at work, but it also allows us to build more delightful and impactful products. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.