Money: Everyone wants it, but nobody enjoys thinking about it. Budgets, bills, APRs, rainy day funds - that stuff is as deeply important as it is stressful and intimidating. That’s why we are building Charlie - a free, text-based AI assistant who worries about money, so you do not have to. Our goal is to automate everything in personal finance that can be automated and to radically simplify the rest. We are using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and NLP to help everyday people be effortlessly great with all of their everyday finances.
We recently raised a $9 million Series A. Charlie’s user base is growing faster than ever. We have the freedom and long runway to build a delightful product that can improve the financial health of millions.
This is where you come in.
By joining this adventure as a Growth Manager, you will:
- Own growth initiatives from inception to scaling to optimization across multiple marketing channels, including social media, paid search, display, content, and remarketing.
- Design delightful experiences that drive retention, product virality, and organic growth.
- Provide strategic insights that will be game changers for our business and will help us craft the Product pipeline and the User experience.
- Set the course of the business. From recruiting to road-mapping to culture, your voice will be heard on every aspect of the company, not just Growth.
- Be proud. Our first user was struggling to save for her daughter’s birthday. We helped her. By working on Charlie, you will be helping real people with their biggest problems.
- Love coming to work. Charlie’s office in SOMA is our happy place. In addition to the scintillating company of your teammates, you will get free lunches, an unlimited supply of any Costco snacks you desire (mmm, prudent deliciousness), fully-covered benefits (platinum-level Medical, Dental, and Vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts), and a 6% 401(k) match.
Who you are
- Phenomenal analyst: You know data. You can make Excel and SQL sing, dance, and make pancakes. You may not be an engineer or a snake whisperer, but Python does not scare you either.
- Critical, analytical thinker: You ask the right questions and use data to derive actionable insights.
- Doer: You can translate insights into actions, which have measurable results.
- Contagiously curious: You can teach us a thing or two. We will return the favor!
- Care about people: Like us, you are in this for the people. We are proudest when we help a user or a teammate out.
- Honey Badger: Relentless and pragmatic, you get stuff done.
- Goofball: Is it possible to make something like saving money delightful? We sure are trying, one ridiculous GIF at a time.
- BS/BA degree, preferably in STEM or Economics. MBA a major plus!
- 2+ years of experience in a highly analytical role, preferably with experience in tech analytics.
- Proficiency in using SQL to analyze large data sets. Any experience with R, Ruby, or Python will help but is not required.
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Experience working with digital marketing channels is not strictly required but is preferred
Charlie is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity - not only do we believe that it leads to greater happiness at work, but it also allows us to build more delightful and impactful products. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.