Money: Everyone wants it, but nobody enjoys thinking about it. Budgets, bills, APRs, rainy day funds - that stuff is as deeply important as it is stressful and intimidating. That’s why we are building Charlie - a free, text-based AI assistant who worries about money, so you do not have to. Our goal is to automate everything in personal finance that can be automated and to radically simplify the rest. We are using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and NLP to help everyday people be effortlessly great with all of their everyday finances.
We recently raised a $9 million Series A. Charlie’s user base is growing faster than ever. We have the freedom and long runway to build a delightful product that can improve the financial health of millions.
This is where you come in, internet friend!
What do Product Managers do at Charlie?
As a PM, you will have ownership and autonomy over the Charlie roadmap. From strategy to execution, you will be the glue that brings together designers, engineers, founders, and marketers. You will help us be smarter and spend more time doing the best work of our life.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Thought Leadership: You will partner with the CEO to own a major strategic priority facing the company and develop a bold, game-changing roadmap.
- Execution Ownership: You will collaborate with a cross-functional team to manage the entire product life cycle, from ideation to planning to execution to follow-up analysis.
- Empathy and Analysis: Through analytics and user research, you will identify the highest potential opportunities and help us prioritize the best options.
- Process Mastery: You will identify bottlenecks and process improvements so that we can turn the vision inspired by you into reality even sooner.
- Clarity: You ensure that the entire team understands what we're doing, why we're doing it, and, afterward, how it performed.
What kind of people will you work with?
- Contagiously curious: We value people who can teach us a thing or two. We will return the favor!
- Caring: Like you, we are in this for the people. We are proudest when we help a user or a teammate out.
- Honey Badger: Relentless and pragmatic, we get stuff done.
- Goofball: Is it possible to make something like saving money delightful? We sure are trying, one ridiculous GIF at a time.
What background are we looking for?
- 2+ years of product management experience at a consumer company
- 1+ years of experience leading a cross-functional development team
- Strong design mentality and user empathy
- Honed quantitative skills and ability to refine hypotheses by digging into user data and iteratively improving metrics
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- MBA is a plus
Charlie is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity - not only do we believe that it leads to greater happiness at work, but it also allows us to build more delightful and impactful products. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.