Sr. Data/ML Engineer (SF/US Remote)
San Francisco/Remote,USA /
At Cleo, we make a real impact by doing work that matters: helping families be their best at home and at work.
Cleo is a family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off. We combine the expertise of our team of guides and specialists – parent and maternity coaches, doulas, lactation consultants, sleep experts, and more! – with a powerful technology platform that helps every working parent succeed as they grow both their families and their careers.
Offered by over 100 leading employers, including global Fortune 500 leaders and industry innovators like Box, Chegg, Niantic, and Zenefits, and backed by NEA, Greylock and Felicis, we’re expanding our offerings and our team to meet the growing demand of employers, parents, and the healthcare sector and are looking for experienced and passionate team members like you to join us!
Title: Sr. Data/ML Engineer
As a Data & ML engineer at Cleo, you will lead and define our organization's approach and practices to managing our data, data discovery, and machine learning practice. You will play a critical role in advancing how we impact our members, personalize their experience as well as measure the outcomes of our impact. Cleo leverages our platform and provides the most impactful support at the right time to our new parents to support them in their journey of growing a family; and has an amazing opportunity to enhance it with the power of data and machine learning which this role would lead.
If you believe you can make an impact on our mission, we want you!
- Build, maintain, and scale our ETL/data pipelines, warehouse analytics infrastructure and work hands-on, helping building workflows/tools and best practices where applicable
- Participate in developing state-of-art machine learning solutions to address large scale healthcare problems
- Design and build pipelines that collect, preprocess, and deliver data to be used for business intelligence and data discovery
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle phases to design an integrated, quality solution to address the business requirements and ML roadmap
- Work closely with the data analyst to help build and identify the insights that will guide day-to-day operations, planning, and strategic decision-making
- Write production-ready software with fast and efficient algorithms
- Collaborate with Product, Business, and Data Analyst/Science to prioritize and develop pragmatic solutions to high impact problems
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 3+years of experience in machine learning and data engineering
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Hands-on experience with building out full end to end data architecture including ETL/data pipelines, data lake, and data warehouse in AWS
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Experience working in production deployed end to end machine learning solutions
- Experience with Natural Language Processing is desired
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Skill at partnering cross-functionally across organization
- An eagerness to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment
We don’t believe in perfection – we believe in passion, interest, and will – so don’t let a lack of experience or skill in one area listed above deter you from applying.
Cleo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.