Sr. DevOps Engineer (SF/US Remote)
San Francisco/Remote,USA /
At Cleo, we make a real impact by doing work that matters: helping families be their best at home and at work.
Cleo is a family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off. We combine the expertise of our team of guides and specialists – parent and maternity coaches, doulas, lactation consultants, sleep experts, and more! – with a powerful technology platform that helps every working parent succeed as they grow both their families and their careers.
Offered by over 100 leading employers, including global Fortune 500 leaders and industry innovators like Box, Chegg, Niantic, and Zenefits, and backed by NEA, Greylock and Felicis, we’re expanding our offerings and our team to meet the growing demand of employers, parents, and the healthcare sector and are looking for experienced and passionate team members like you to join us!
As Cleo's first DevOps engineer, you will lead and define our organization's approach and practices to building secure, compliant, and flexible infrastructure and operations. One of the most important functions of a Product Development organization is the ability to deploy with speed and quality - from new features to support and maintenance. You will be a strategic partner to help create the future of Engineering at Cleo.
If you believe you can make an impact on our mission, we want you!
- Design and build infrastructure as code from scratch
- Maintain and evolve current infrastructure
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Build a self service environment through tools like ChatOps
- Maintain monitoring and alerting solutions
- Collaborate with IT, security, and engineering teams to implement security and compliance solutions
- Lead and create new DevOps practices and procedures
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- Deep understanding and experience with terraform and AWS
- Excellent and pragmatic security and compliance practices
- Hands on experience building, managing, and deploying Docker containers
- Experience setting up and maintaining monitoring and alerting systems
- Proven track record of team leadership and mentorship
- Scripting languages (Bash, python)
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Skill at partnering cross-functionally across organization
- An eagerness to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment
Core Tech Stack:
We don’t believe in perfection – we believe in passion, interest, and will – so don’t let a lack of experience or skill in one area listed above deter you from applying.
Cleo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.