Staff Software Engineer - Platform/Shared Services (SF/US Remote)
San Francisco/Remote,USA /
At Cleo, we make a real impact by doing work that matters: helping families be their best at home and at work.
Cleo is a family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off. We combine the expertise of our team of guides and specialists – parent and maternity coaches, doulas, lactation consultants, sleep experts, and more! – with a powerful technology platform that helps every working parent succeed as they grow both their families and their careers.
Offered by over 100 leading employers, including global Fortune 500 leaders and industry innovators like Box, Chegg, Niantic, and Zenefits, and backed by NEA, Greylock and Felicis, we’re expanding our offerings and our team to meet the growing demand of employers, parents, and the healthcare sector and are looking for experienced and passionate team members like you to join us!
Title: Staff Software Engineer - Platform/Shared Services
Engineering at Cleo:
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Platform team, you'll be working on building our core shared services used between our guides and our families. You will be responsible for designing and leading the implementation for our messaging system, session scheduling service, and more. Under your leadership, the team will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of these services from design through deployment and support. We work closely with Design, Product Managers, QA, and Data Science to create the best solutions for our customers. We have a strong team culture and each engineer supports the learning and growth of everyone through brown bags, pairing, and tech huddles, resulting in the entire team's growth and potential.
If you believe you can make an impact on our mission, we want you!
- Own impactful features from design through to deployment
- Design and implement complex technical solutions
- Lead the engineering team in best practices for implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Evaluate multiple software vendors and solutions to recommend the best approach for our teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Hands on production level experience with Postgres
- Excellent and pragmatic testing practices
- Experience with deployment pipelines and various approaches to microservices
- Proven track record of team leadership and mentorship
- Skill at partnering cross-functionally across the organization
- An eagerness to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced startup environment
Core Tech Stack:
- React Native
We don’t believe in perfection – we believe in passion, interest, and will – so don’t let a lack of experience or skill in one area listed above deter you from applying.
Cleo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.