Director of Customer Success
San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
High Fidelity is hiring a Customer Success Director to oversee our customer support and evangelism functions. You will play the strategic role of being the voice of the user internally which will help drive the product roadmap by helping marketing and engineering further refine their understanding of users’ needs.
A New Vision for VR
High Fidelity is a distributed, open-source social virtual reality (VR) software platform anyone can use to create and share VR experiences. Users can create and host their own VR world, explore other worlds, meet and connect with other users, attend or host live VR events and much more.
The infrastructure we’re building will collapse distance and remove barriers, making virtual life an integral part of how people learn, work, and enjoy themselves. As the distinctions between our digital and physical lives disappear, we see the unique, immersive aspects of VR as a reaffirmation of the most human elements connecting us all together. We’re building an Internet-scale technology to support a billion users around the world as VR becomes the “next screen” to dominate human discourse and interaction.
We’re ready to break out of beta. That means an increasing focus on making sure our new and existing users are successful on our platform. Are you the leader who can help drive our Customer Success function to the next level?
Do you have a proven ability to inspire, manage, and motivate a team of both full-time and part-time VR professionals working on the frontlines to turn our diverse user-base into brand advocates through providing world-class support? We need a highly effective communicator who puts users first and can help create an effective feedback loop.
You should have an optimistic outlook, a bias to action, the ability to continuously optimize our Customer Success function to help scale the company’s growth. This is a new role for the company and it will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
You will oversee a team of Customer Success professionals who currently help our users in-world, staff select High Fidelity live-events in VR, and address inbound email inquiries.
Day-to-day tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the Customer Success and evangelism team members.
- Be the voice of the customer internally.
- Work with the Customer Success team, marketing, and engineering to clearly communicate user feedback internally and help drive the company roadmap.
- Design and implement customer lifecycle processes and systems to make the Customer Success team more efficient and effective.
- Backstop the Customer Success team on escalations and critical user conversations.
- Define metrics to quantify the Customer Success team’s effectiveness.
- Set impactful Customer Success team’s quarterly OKRs.
- Resource plan to ensure that the Customer Success team has sufficient bandwidth to accommodate the growing user base.
- Oversee that the HiFi Marketplace submission and review process is efficient
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- 4+ years in Customer Success or related role
- 1+ years as a manager with direct reports
- Work in VR
- Beautiful offices in Downtown San Francisco and Seattle
- Awesome medical/vision/dental package
- Smart, engaged co-workers who value their time together and support each other’s growth
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered team lunch Fridays