Director of DevOps
San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
High Fidelity is hiring a Director of DevOps to oversee operation of our existing services, including build systems and cloud server infrastructure, and to architect the cloud services the company plans to add in 2019 and 2020. The successful candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of the DevOps approach to continuous integration, the ability to collaborate effectively with a senior DevOps team, and have a hands-on approach to building a world-class infrastructure for the company.
A Vision for VR in the Cloud and on the Desktop
High Fidelity is an open-source social virtual reality (VR) software platform anyone can use to create and share social VR experiences served from a broad mix of hosting environments. The technology provides the infrastructure to connect these experiences together, allowing users to create, play, and interact together in different virtual worlds.
The technology we’re building will collapse distance and remove barriers, making virtual life an integral part of how people learn, work, and enjoy themselves. As the distinctions between our digital and physical lives disappear, we see the unique, immersive aspects of VR as a reaffirmation of the most human elements connecting us all together. We’re building an Internet-scale technology to support a billion users around the world as VR becomes the “next screen” to dominate human discourse and interaction.
About The Role
High Fidelity is moving rapidly towards commercial service. In the coming months, we will make decisions that will determine how users will deploy new VR environments, how they will transact with each other, and how we will deliver the services we intend to provide to the open, permissionless network our software will allow.
The Director of DevOps will be instrumental in creating and executing a roadmap to support services for a usership expanding into the thousands and then millions as VR headsets and mobile interfaces enter the mainstream.
The Director of DevOps will oversee a seasoned team of DevOps professionals as part of the Platform engineering team. The role will report directly to the company’s CTO.
Day-to-day tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the DevOps team
- Collaborating with the Program Management and Technical Lead teams to identify and resolve obstacles to rapidly deploying updates to the High Fidelity platform
- Developing and executing a plan for rapidly deploying and scaling cloud-hosted virtual reality environments
- Encouraging collaborative development between the platform engineering and DevOps disciplines
What You'll Need to be Successful:
- 8+ years in DevOps
- 5+ years working on a live production service
- 5+ years as a manager with direct reports
- Work in VR
- Beautiful offices in Downtown San Francisco and Seattle
- Awesome medical/vision/dental package
- Smart, engaged co-workers who value their time together and support each other’s growth
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered team lunch Fridays