IT Systems Administrator
San Francisco, CA
Operations & Administration
High Fidelity is hiring an IT Systems Administrator to manage the mix of employee services used by staff in our San Francisco and Seattle offices. The work will include managing a network of Windows and Mac machines for 75 staff, along with in-office requests for hardware support, new staff on-boarding preparation, and some help with technology demonstrations using the company's virtual reality technology.
The IT Systems Administrator will be based in High Fidelity's San Francisco office and work closely with our DevOps, Facilities, and engineering teams to meet the company's day to day technical needs. The role reports to the company's COO.
The successful candidate will have a background troubleshooting computer hardware, exposure to Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems, and experience managing a queue of projects ranging in size from small requests to multi-week initiatives. The role will also involve building and maintaining tools to encourage staff to solve their own technical questions.
- Experience with Active Directory
- Networking setup and maintenance
- Desktop deployment
- Comfortable maintaining a knowledge base
- Experience managing a mix of on premise and remote services
- Experience deploying and maintaining networked office security
- Windows experience (MacOS and Linux are a plus)
Day to Day work will include:
- Service admin including Google Suite, Trello, Confluence, 1Password, Github and other 3rd party services
- Users, groups and permissions management
- Individual workstation troubleshooting
- Active Directory management
- Shared workstation management
- Desktop deployments
- Desktop backups
- SSO Integration for 3rd parties
- Setting up new services
- LAN setup and troubleshooting. This includes coordination with multiple ISPs, multiple office locations and different networks
High Fidelity has approximately 75 employees working in engineering, product management, and customer development. We are a close knit group focused on building a genuinely free and permissionless solution for virtual reality. We are based out of offices in downtown San Francisco, California and Seattle, Washington. We'd love to learn more about your experience and how you can make our project a success.