Executive Assistant to the CEO
San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for an awesome Executive Assistant to support our CEO. As a core member of the People Operations team at High Fidelity, you will directly support our CEO day-to-day and partner closely with other operations staff to provide proactive and strong support to our broader executive team.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the schedule, business travel, offsites, expense reporting and day-to-day responsibilities of our Chief Executive Officer. This position requires someone with a keen ability to prioritize many tasks across multiple functions.
Success in this role means keeping our CEO focused on the most business critical opportunities and ensuring they make deadlines and hit goals all while promoting company values and maintaining high team morale. You thrive in constantly changing environments and excel in bringing order to chaos.
- Primary support to the CEO, ensuring he is prepared for all meetings and events, and assisting with preparation of presentation materials
- Provide outstanding calendar management- you’re a Google Calendar ninja!
- Assist with email management and make sure all important conversations and relationships are maintained
- Arrange extensive executive travel, both within the US and internationally
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and presentations including quarterly board meetings and weekly all-hands meetings
- Be a trusted liaison both internally and externally to the executive team, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Get to know the team in depth and make it a point to be available and approachable to everyone
- Skillfully communicate and represent the CEO and leadership staff with employees, customers, vendors and visitors
- Take on new projects and challenges, all while exercising high quality and attention to detail
- Support various leaders on ad hoc projects used for both internal and external purposes
- Partner with support staff on day-to-day activities, team meetings, office upkeep, and event planning
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with a senior executive, preferably a CEO, at a quickly-growing company
- Fluency in Google products (GMail, Docs, Slides, etc.) as well as familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Proven track record of trustworthiness - must have impeccable discretion with access to sensitive company and personal information
- Meticulous attention to detail with your calendar management. You pay attention to all things related to a meeting running successfully
- Quick learner - have a “knack” for technology – able to figure out new systems and adapt on the go
- Possess an ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment, maintaining a calm exterior at the busiest of times
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively follow through on assignments
- Outstanding communication, organization, and problem-solving skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility
- A can-do “make it happen" attitude: you are comfortable making decisions with little supervision or direction and you learn and adjust quickly
- Excellent judgement and discretion with sensitive, confidential and proprietary information
- Be a “need-filler” - anticipating what is required to make the busy team successful - from grabbing lunch to running errands, as required
- People love to come talk to you! You feel completely comfortable interacting with people through all parts of the organization, while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Sense of humor and ability to have fun, a must!
- Grit and strong work ethic with passion and energy
High Fidelity has approximately 50 employees working in engineering, product management, and customer development. We are a close knit group focused on building a genuinely free and permissionless solution for virtual reality. Our main office is located in the west SOMA neighborhood of San Francisco, near BART and Caltrain and we will be opening a location in Seattle this summer. We'd love to learn more about your experience and how you can make our project a success.